Bouodreaux and Thibodaux | SouthernPaddler.com

Bouodreaux and Thibodaux

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
I don't know if y'all know about the dynamic duo of Cajun country- Boudreaux(Boo-drow ) and Thibodaux( Ti-bi-doe). They are the classic Cajun types- kinda redneck with a French flair.

Well, it just so happens that Boudreaux was looking out the kitchen window when he spots Thibodaux and a couple of other guys coming up the walk with a somber look on their faces. Boudreaux meets them on the porch and asks "What's the matter, Thibodaux?" Thibodaux replies "We got some good news and some bad news." Boudreaux says " Give me the bad news first."
Thibodaux says "We found your wife, Marie(Mah-rie) floating dead in the bayou." Boudreaux, shocked and saddened says "My sweet Marie- what am I going to do without her?". Regaining some of his composure he asks " So what is the good news?".
Thibodaux kind of looks uncomfortable and says " She had 13 crabs hanging on her and we would like to know if we can run her again in the morning?".

Sick, Sick, Sick ------------but funny!

Joey

islandpiper

jdupre, in the far north of Michigan they have Ole and Sven.........must be kin to B and T......and many of the stories are shared, only the accent changes. But, this one is never told in Michigan. Crabs come in cans up there, guess that's why.

Piper

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Joey! You are sick! Sick! Sick!

Three men died on Christmas Eve and were met by Saint Peter at the pearly gates.

'In honor of this holy season' Saint Peter said,'You must each possess something that symbolizes Christmas to get into heaven.'

The first man fumbled through his pockets and pulled out a lighter. He flicked it on. 'It represents a candle', he said.

'You may pass through the pearly gates' Saint Peter said.

The second man reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys. He shook them and said, 'They're bells.'

Saint Peter said 'You may pass through the pearly gates'.

The third man started searching desperately through his pockets and finally pulled out a pair of women's panties.

St. Peter looked at the man with a raised eyebrow and asked, 'And just what do those symbolize?

The man replied, 'These are Carols.' :roll:

And now let the Christmas season begin!

:wink: :lol:
socks_final.jpg

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
I'm starting to catch on here but I thought that this flag hanging on those branches was either a flag of warning or one of distress. Now I'm thinking It means occupied and needs emptied.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
We have Inukshuks on the E'ly end of Gitche Gumi (Lake Superior) in Lake Superior Provincial Park. None other than Yakus Inukshukicus was involved in the architecture.

I bought a book for Katie so we can build some. I have to go tot he local landscape-type place to buy some rocks of the right style. then, next summer, we'll make some.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
I'm gonna start building em all over the islands here :p Will spin the locals out a bit. :p

Jack, it is a very good thing to pass on to the young ones some of the practices and knowledge of the first residents in any given area. even if the origins of them have become somewhat foggy over time.

dawallace45

Bloody hell Mick , don't do that , if the anthropologists get hold of it they will get some aboriginal group to proclaim it a sacred site , actually it reminds me of what my old mate Phil [ pure blood aboriginal ] used to tell me about when some group of anthropologists used to come out to see his people , they would try and out do each other in making up the most ridiculous dream time stories they could think of and get the scientists to believe them , seemed that the anthropologists would pay them for each story and making them up seemed like a good way to them to get money for grog , Phil used to reckon that many of the dream time and rainbow serpent stories that are now accepted as part of aboriginal legend started off as jokes they made up to screw with the anthropologists while full of booze , Phil reckoned he had a cousin that made a very good living doing dot paintings telling dreamtime stories that had all their foundations in Bullsh#t

David

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
We kinda have a similar problem here except the American natives were forced to a migrations drive they called The Trail Of Tears. It was a forced migration that they lived and many died though. This trail is here though my Missouri Ozarks you just never know when you are standing on sacred ground to someone.