Bowron lakes, British Columbia | SouthernPaddler.com

Bowron lakes, British Columbia

WestCoastPaddler

Hi guys, it's been a while since I've posted because I've been busy working on this:

a01-bowron-lakes.jpg

This is a guide to paddling the Bowron Lakes, a chain of lakes in the central east part of British Columbia, about 420 kilometers (260 miles) from the ocean at approximately 1200 meters (4000 feet) elevation. The photos were taken last August while on a trip with my two eldest kids.

The unique aspect of this chain of lakes is that you start at one spot and paddle/portage the entire 116 km (72 miles) chain of lakes and end up at the exact same spot that you started at -- without any backtracking.

It's truly a special trip in so many ways - the incredibly beautiful scenery being at the forefront. If any of you ever find yourself in this part of the world, I'd highly recommend this trip -- it's truly awesome.

Hope you enjoy this presentation:

http://www.westcoastpaddler.com/gallery ... m=81&pos=0

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
VERY nice! I'm surprised they allow wheeled vehicles there. Don't allow carts in Ontario canoe routes. That elevation probably had you huffing and puffing a bit? Beautiful country.

Now about that returning to the original put in - did I ever tell you about Round River here in Michigan? Seems it flows in a circular route, and the same water .....