Brazos Overnighter | SouthernPaddler.com

Brazos Overnighter

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
One of my employees has been wanting to go on a Brazos trip. The weather was looking pretty good Saturday so we decided to do a overnight fishing trip. Put in at Loop 340 and paddled down about 3 miles to set up camp.

gar002.jpg

Here is a pic of my little Pirogue loaded for an overnighter. I love this little boat but it will be nice to finish the Stripper to have a liitle more room.

gar014.jpg

Uriel drew first blood with a fat little Blue.

gar001.jpg

As the afternoon and evening wore on we caught a few more Smallish Blues and Drum. About 9:30 I caught my first (of many I hope) Brazos Gar. It was released to fight another day.

gar007.jpg

It was pretty uneventful after the chill of the night set in. We woke early and cooked up some breakfast and decided to start back fishing along the way. We caught a few drum on the way back but no more Blues.

gar012.jpg

gar013.jpg

Just some random pics from this morning. The pic of the bird did not turn out while. I do not know what is was but was very big.

gar004.jpg

gar008.jpg

gar009.jpg

There is one small portage on this section of river that is about 100 feet long.

gar016.jpg

Almost home.

gar017.jpg

On another note I did alittle damage to the Pirogue this morning. Caught a pretty big rock and tore off some fiberglass. Nothing to that cant be repaired with alittle epoxy and glass.

Darrell