www.southernpaddler.com
Swampy said:
Boots - Snakebite proof = $165
Columbia pants = $65
Flannel shirt in HD Camo = $35
Jacket + around $25

expression on guys faces .... priceless

swampy

1. Boots ....... No snakes in the area , they worked really good , just chased all of them away.

2. Columbia Pants .... Ya got cheated only half pants ... you should have a credit of $ 31.50

3. Camo shirt..... We could still see you , demand a full refund.

4. Jacket , money well spent .

The trip ......... Yep , Priceless

Now besides losing my shirt on that trip there is a pair of socks somewhere in the river but my guess is a fish kill will show where they are.
I found one more injured item from the trip and it is my paddling buddy ... YEP, that Famous HAT. Got a tear in the crown and now will be retired from any more river trips.

I called the folks at Ultimate Hats over in Tampa and they said my life time guarantee is still good (even for me) and to send them the hat so they can mail me a new one.

Now to have the new one as good as my trusted friend I will have to paddle the Everglades, The Okefenokee and most of the rivers here in Fla then go up to your area and do all of those again ...... Might skip this last river run ... lot of miles to push that Jeep over and those hills they were some hard suckers to get over.
Joe keep saying something about gas, I trust he was talking about the gas for the Jeep and not from me.
Thinking about it ... might of been easier if the motor was running in that buggy then I could just sit inside and cruse down the road. Thinking about it I might have to try it again and with some gas in the buggy. :lol:

By the way gas was $2.08 in Louisiana and anywhere from $2.28 to $2.50 everywhere else.
Yes, Sir I like Louisiana but if any state needs to claim the Skunk as there state animal they do ....... The roads are littered with them no matter which way you enter there area and when you cross the state line leaving there state ........... no more shunks , sort of like New Yorkers here in Florida all of them are south of the Fla & Ga line. :evil:

Chuck.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Saw gas at 2.08.9 upwards here at home 2.24.9 ... and the oilers port here! Most of the prices was 2.19.9 coming and going.

Tom you talking about my shopping frenzy? :wink: :lol:

swampy

yep! That trip is a grand keeper. Going out and home wasn't that big of a deal as far as driving is concerned. The company with Jim was priceless and the walky-talky were great company. Imagine Yak talking to ya cruising the mountains??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once more my soul has been lifted and looking forward to the next paddle.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
OF, He did look like a walrus in a thrift store, good one!
Yep Swamp, That trip with you was the most fun I ever had, it was great, lets do it again! On a related note, my apology to the TN state parks department for what I did but maybe tbe next time you'll have the comfort stations marked more clearly!!! Shut up Joey!!!! :?

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Well Jack, That is Swampy's robe as chief of the River people. The first night on the river there was a fracture in the group. The hill people, camped on a knoll thinking they we're of higher status than the river people. Hill people camped in tents. The river people camped at rivers edge and slept from cocoons hanging from trees. The leader of the hill people (Harry) wore a gray camo robe. Both leaders would sit across from one another each night at campfire and pow wow. It was decided that we could live in harmony with each other.

So you see, that blue tarp (robe), had nothing to do with the fact Chief Swampy's throne (chair) was wet from rain! :D

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Kayak Jack said:
OH MY GOD! You mean he kilt n skinned out one a them blue polytarp buffalo? Not only are they sacred to the local injuns, they's endangered by the EPA!

'Sides that they ain't very tasty! :shock:

draino

Jan 27, 2004
St. Clair Shores, MI.
In Michigans Upper Pennisular, Blue polytarps are a building material! Ive slept under my share of them as a young camper. Ive never worn them as clothing.

Wish me luck, my turkey permit starts on Monday and the trout season starts this saturday. Morals mushrooms should be popping up soon. Saturday to Wednesday. I'll be up there, paying my dues on the Ausable and hunting its banks. A cheap canoe tied to the top of my Jimmy.

Draino

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
This sounds really good, Wild Turkey, Trout and Morals Mushrooms for supper .... What time do we eat.

Draino get plenty you place will be packed with hungry campers. You can find us we are the ones under the blue tarps in your front yard. :lol:

Chuck.
PS. Don't forget the moonshine wine. A person just has to go 1st class at times.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Kayak Jack said:
OH MY GOD! You mean he kilt n skinned out one a them blue polytarp buffalo? Not only are they sacred to the local injuns, they's endangered by the EPA!

Jack, The BP Buffalo's death was purly accidental on Swampy's part.
Swampy had to answer natures call and walked into the woods, he came across the BP Buffalo, the buffalo took one one look at Swampy's dress and died laughing.....Swampy figured that blue hide would make a good robe for him as leader of the river peoples. :shock:

draino

Jan 27, 2004
St. Clair Shores, MI.
Hi. Jack. My buddies cabin is in McKinley, Between Mio and 4001 bridge. That is base camp for a everything we do up there. Deer hunting,trout fishing(lakes and streams),tubing in the summer, snowmobilin, Its a good place to stop overnight back and forth when ya go further up to the land of blue poly. I have keys to the place and I'm the camp cook,going on 8 years,most of the sickness up there is selfinduced from the nite before. The food is hot and the so are the showers.

Ouch! I just pulled up his web page It seems ta have been taken over by some of those internet perverts, then again it might be him having a lapse in good judgement. sorry cant share that with ya on the forum. Oh brother what am I going to do with him, I'll have ta slap him for ya'll.

Draino the embarassed

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Draino,

Sounds good. Next trip to the Au Sable I'll notify you and Gerry and Al. I often stop in McKinley for a hamburg & a beer whilst going through on the river. Just downstream is my favorite campsite - Cathedral Pines.