cakes on the griddle | SouthernPaddler.com

cakes on the griddle

Aint ya glad we got polls?

• Dang rite.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I kin take 'em 'er leave 'em.

• I wanna know what Paris Hilton iz doin'.

• I am jest glad the Sparkanator iz awake.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Our pal Chef Chad sez:
I went for the great taste of the short stack buttermilk with a little peanut butter on the side
Amen. But jest any peanut butter wont do.....natural peanut butter tastes bout 200 times better'n the others. The peanut oil comes loose, so dump it all inta a bowl, mix it up good, put it back in the jar 'n keep it in the ice box.

BTW, I spead the peanut butter all over the pancake. Miz Bear fixes me one big 'un. :wink:

Smuckers 'n Kroger both sell real peanut butter. Ya kin make yer own frum peanuts 'n salt, but shoot.....that takes that four letter word.

regards
bearridge

It appears we have appointed our worst generals to command forces, and our most gifted and brilliant to edit newspapers!  In fact, I discovered by reading newspapers that these editor/geniuses plainly saw all my strategic defects from the start, yet failed to inform me until it was too late.

Accordingly, I'm readily willing to yield my command to these obviously superior intellects, and I will in turn, do my best for the Cause by writing editorials - after the fact.  Robert E. Lee

Esteemed Colonial Compatriot Bear,

Your palate is both stimulating and rewarding. I have just returned with a local brand of unadulterated peanut butter. What a marvel! Before we merely had Chadburne choose "Jiff". If George Washington Carver had been a loyal subject of the Queen, we would undoubtedly have been addressing him as "Sir".

Please continue with this most excellent culinary adventure. I have even told some of the fellows at the club about the Bodine Culinary Institute. Is that the one on the Hudson.....or the one in Bugtussle?

I remain, as before, your culinary fool,
Sir Neville

P.S. Your cheese grits recipe caused Lady Ballingsforth to swoon. It is taking us a smidgen longer to fully appreciate the spices produced in that mystical region known as Acadia. I eagerly await your suggestions for the appropriate utilization of the chipolte Tabasco sauce. It may turn out that your president's purchase of Louisiana wasn't the joke we imagined it to be at the time.....except of course, for New Orleans. But your Phineas T. Barnum came too late to warn you of that miscalculation.

As always, please accept my apologies for being unalterably opposed to the persistent use of diminutive words. Public education, you see.

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Br'er Bear:

two comments

Foistest: Yeah he's old enough, but the memory is another matter.

Secondest: Please add all of the above to the poll choices.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Well I got me a fine wife, I got me old fiddle.
When the sun's comin' up I got cakes on the griddle;
and life ain't nothin' but a funny, funny riddle:
Thank God I'm a country boy.
John Denver, "Thank God I'm a Country Boy."

Buckwheat Cakes my favorite hands down!

Natural peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich on lightly toasted bread....mighty fine! :wink:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker said:
Natural peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich on lightly toasted bread....mighty fine! :wink:

NO NO NO NO .. It is bread , some "P"nutbutter , southern mayo (miracle whip) sliced nannas and some lettice.

Out fishing , Pita Bread , "P"nutbutter and chopped green olives in the fold of the bread.

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
BEARS BUDDY said:
Please add all of the above to the poll choices.
Friend Gerry,

I aim ta do better next time. I reckon my pollin' skill comes frum my run fer the White House back in 2003. George W. 'n Mister Swift Boots both had more money than me 'n sailed under the Jolly Roger, but I had Swampy. He come up a day late 'n a dollar short on the advertizin'......most of it wuz done rite here. Then we fergot there wuz 50 states.

Jest think......I'd be sendin' this email frum the backyard at Pennsylvania Avenue (typin' on my MacBook, sippin' Black Box wine 'n settin' round my fire pit with Dapper Al....my bag man), but I never got the chance. I dont think any job iz worth spendin' time with folks like James Carville. I jest know he ate some folks.

regards
bearridge

People that are really weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history.  Vice President Dan Quayle

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
Frankly Bear, P-nut budda is good with most anything accept for James Carville or Rosie O'Donnel. I also like natural or just crushed nuts style too, but I'm a Skippy guy from way back. I also love almond budda and make a great hummus from tahini paste. Which is just smashed sesameeeee seeds. I've also developed a wicked good recipie for Spicy Black Bean hummus also that rocks on toasted whole wheat pita or anything else for that matter. I'll post the recipe If anyone is interested.

A for pancakes they are all good to me especcially when someone else is cooking them and I can take a break. :wink:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
cctyer said:
I've also developed a wicked good recipie for Spicy Black Bean hummus also that rocks on toasted whole wheat pita or anything else for that matter. I'll post the recipe If anyone is interested.

A for pancakes they are all good to me especcially when someone else is cooking them and I can take a break. :wink:

Before the kids moved , there last morning here before jumping in the truck and taking out I made pancakes for them.

I have a 8 inch skillet and I made my one camping pancake per person for there breakfast ( the pancake went from one side of the skillet to the other , use a large plate when eating them ), don't ya know it I had to repeat the process for them , some sausage or bacon , Maple Syrple with it and they were happy an full.

By all means .... Post the recipie but please in the recipe section , bear will find it if he just follows his nose.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"O"oop's this section , I thought we were in the chat one .... a separate post for the recipe would do just fine. Not buried down here.:roll:

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I vary my pancakes some. Always use Bisquick, but vary from there. Sometimes use buttermilk, about 50:50 on Bisquick & buttermilk. Add the egg and a bit of salt.

Other times, substitute beer for the liquid. Use the ratio of liquid as per recipe. Again, add a bit of salt. Use beer for making Bisquick drop biscuits too.

I usually fry a slice of onion first, roll it over & cut it up some with the spatula, then pour on batter & cook normally.

Other times, after the batter is poured, add nuts. Black walnuts, (English walnuts if you talk with a lisp), hickory nuts, pecans are great, so are filberts (hazelnuts).

And always top with real maple syrup. JARVIS good eatin'!