Calculate The Estimated Fuel Cost Of Your Trip | SouthernPaddler.com

Calculate The Estimated Fuel Cost Of Your Trip

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
OK. Some of you guys are planning trips and one of the major thoughts or worries is what will the gas cost me to get there :?:

:idea: Here is something to help you figure out that cost or at lease the greater majority of the cost since they use an average pricing schedule. I know on the last trip the gas for my buggy was anywhere from $ 2.23 a gallon to $1.65 just depending on which state and how much they want to charge you. :x
It uses the Make & Model plus the Year of Your Vehicle.

This will help you guestimate that cost.
http://www.fuelcostcalculator.com/

Chuck.

tioga

May 9, 2005
NE Pennsylvania
Timing is Everything

Old Sparky my best friend thanks you for that link,he is going to be headed for S. Carolina in a couple of weeks and he and I were just talking about fuel cost. But I am sure that the Oil Execs. will find something to blame their next increase on and will probably be the day before he leaves

tioga

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Tioga

Just remember it is based on the year, make & model of the persons vehicle along with the cost of gas in the different areas and everyone drives differently so there is a variable in there.
NOW .. the bright side is that it does give a person a really good idea about the cost of gas for the trip.

I ran a check on it for the trip when I went to Arkansas and back ... I kept records of the gas cost and according to what they told me it was really close to the actual cost. Needless to say this was after the trip since that trip was a while back and before I found this web site.
I also checked out the last trip to the Carolinas and back, again they were really close to the actual cost. For the gas ...not other costs.

It is a good tool to use for figuring out what it is going to cost a person for gas ............. the rest of the expenses like food & lodging is easy to do with a little homework.

Lets see.......... Meals ( tuna & crackers ) , sleeping in the car , bathrooms at the rest stops, the cash bond for being a vagrant with no visable means of support .. :oops: ... Better take two charge cards and three forms of ID and forget that wad of cash only drug dealers have that much on them. :lol:

Chuck.