Call your Doctor first | SouthernPaddler.com

Call your Doctor first

dangermouse01

Sep 8, 2006
Palm Bay, FL (East coast)
Wannabe said:
Yeah, it looks good but it needs a side of chicken fried bacon.
Bob

And one of these. Deep fried bacon double cheese burgers, only 5000 calories.

http://www.grouprecipes.com/43866/the-5000-calorie-deep-fried-burger.html

6776641029.jpg

DM

islandpiper

A friend of mine made one of these for a Superbowl Party. It sat on his smoker for 2 1/2 hours, and that gave it time to cook thoroughly and the fats driped out the whole time. So, it was not greasy.
The first slice went to a full-time professional chef from a restaurant in New Orleans.....he said it was the best thing he'd ever eaten. Chuck, my buddy, said that he could have made 2-3 more of them, as the guests were "actually weeping with delight, it was so good".

Ya, boy.......now I've gotta try this.

piper

dangermouse01

Sep 8, 2006
Palm Bay, FL (East coast)
Piper;
Try a google search for "smoked fatties". Kinda the same things but not wrapped in bacon. One of the kayak fishing forums used to have a bunch of different varieties, alot of different things rolled up inside.

They all looked good, just haven't gotten around to making one yet.

DM

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
If ya dont eat bacon, mebbe ya live ta 100. Why? Why would anybody wanna do that? Mite az well give up sunsets. :?

regards
bearridge

Our government... teaches the whole people by its example.  If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy.  Louis D. Brandeis

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
Re:

bearridge said:
If ya dont eat bacon, mebbe ya live ta 100. Why? Why would anybody wanna do that? Mite az well give up sunsets. :?

My grandfather lived to 102. The last three or four years weren't much fun, but up until then he was OK. Shot his last two deer when he was 92. Shot them running in front of his dogs, with a 16 gauge remington and rifled slugs. Not bad for a certified geezer.

Anyhow, he hunted and fished and kept his own garden right up into his 90s, and when he couldn't do that anymore, he could at least still hold up his end of a conversation right up to the end.

He did a radio interview one time and of course they asked him the secret to his long life. "Hard work and hog meat" is what he told them. "And if a doctor tells you any different, shoot him."

That old man would avoid a doctor if he could find a way to. And for what it's worth, he preferred sausage to bacon.

GBinGA