Camo Idea | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Camo Idea

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Down here the guys get the Duck Boat , flat finish , different shades and use it on there boats , lay down a base coat then add what vegetation you want and spray over it to create the pattern. Go back and shadow in the areas.

All it takes is an understanding of the woods and water and a little imagination.

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Kinda makes you want to crawl around in a deer hide, don't it.

PLEASE ... NO ONE TRY SOMETHING LIKE THAT ....... I'm sure Jack was joking and meant to say ... NEVER DO THIS.

Yep and get your arse blown off by some city hunter , get real.......... To many dang fools out there shooting at anything to do something like that. :roll: Unless you are minus on the smarts or have a death wish. Don't even need the deer hide just something brown with a little white on it would do the trick , even black.

Trust me on that , I have worked to many hunting accidents (fatalities ) in the past , or what were called hunting ( calculated killings ) accidents and could not be proven the other way to even joke about something like this.:evil:

The hides worked good for the Indians 100 years ago , not today. Actually they liked the coyote skins or the wolf ones for sneaking up on game. Deer hide was clothing.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
BEARS BUDDY said:
Too many damn fools shoot at anything that moves, even if it is orange.
I hear what your saying Ger....We have had "hunters" ..... mistake elk for deer. Jeez, an elk is only about 75% larger than a deer. And than, this is the one that gets me, and has happened more than once. Mistake a cow for a deer! :shock:
Somewhere....a village is missing their idiot. :?

john the pom

Jul 30, 2007
Queensland
You have to be a bit careful using really good camouflage on something like a boat. If you ever have to get out of it to pee, or if ya forgot something you might not be able to find it when you go back for it :roll:

paddlin4reds

Oct 17, 2006
Lake Ocklawaha, Fl
oldyaker said:
BEARS BUDDY said:
Too many damn fools shoot at anything that moves, even if it is orange.
..... Mistake a cow for a deer! :shock:
Somewhere....a village is missing their idiot. :?
Mornin';
...that's why we used to decorate our cows every fall.
We painted the word "COW" in flouresent orange paint on both sides of each cow. :lol: