camp fire pizza | SouthernPaddler.com

camp fire pizza

Beesboy

Sep 2, 2010
Easy recipe for any trip with picky kids. #12 dutch oven, oil, 2 cans of biscuits, 1 jar pizza sauce, 1 bag of shredded cheese, and pepperonies. Store ingredients in zip lock bag in ice chest until ready to cook. Oil bottom and sides of oven. Open biscuits and press biscuits together to form crust on bottom. Spread sauce, cheese, and pepperonies.
Rawpizza.jpg

Put oven in fire and start cooking with coals on top right away. Turn 1/4 turn every few minutes. Takes about 30-40 minutes to cook:

Cornbreadcooking.jpg

Pizza.jpg

Slice and Enjoy.

Pizza2.jpg

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Since this is the Recipes for Home or Camping .......... I have to ask.

Has anyone tried this at home for a meal for two folks by using a baking dish and the Oven. It appears that it would be easier at home then out camping , alright not necessarily easier or as much fun as when camping but more convenient.

Just asking since I am doing a pizza here at the house ( Di-journo or how ever they spell it ) and am always looking for better ideas. Especially when I can add more goodies to it and go from scratch. :D

As I said .... A 9 x 5 baking dish , all the good stuff in it , piled high , and when done then slice it in half for the wife and I. Would not have to turn it or worry about the temp to cook it since that is controlled...... Just keep an eye on it to see how long to get done.

Beesboy

Sep 2, 2010
Very easy to do at home. We always have extra kids around the house and this is real quick and easy. You can make very small individual pizzas by pressing out each biscuit or works well with the canned crescent rolls. Ready to eat about 15-20 minutes after you start preparing.