Camp "Kitchen" | SouthernPaddler.com

Camp "Kitchen"

Bilgerat

May 10, 2006
Texas!
www.bilgerat.net
Moving some stuff around in my garage, I came across this old camp kitchen my Dad had made back in the late '50s. It would take up a lot of room in a canoe, so I doubt it would be too much good for boat camping unless a bunch of folks were going. For stationary camping, it works pretty well...

3386451084_0fa7e8f98a.jpg

3386448694_9dd19a2c39.jpg

3386446050_52db17ecc9.jpg

Mike

grandpa paddler

May 25, 2005
WNY-land of exhorbitant taxes
Looks like the boxes we used for winter camping when my sons were in Scouts in the 80's. Worked great for 20+ scouts and their fathers. Have thought about makin' a smaller version that would fit in the canoe for river treks. Mebbe this is the time to do it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
A wanigan is a box shaped to fit into the bottom of (a particular) canoe. Chuckie made one a few years ago, and if he can remember where he has it stored, maybe he'll regale you with pictures & info. (That's your cue, Chuck. Up and at'em!)

I stash my kitchen (stove, pans, mess kits, dish washing gear) in a dry bag. Usually, the one that I've clearly marked as "CLOTHES".
(sigh)

I take along a mesh bag with carrying handles. I put washed dishes into it, then pour boiling water over the dishes, and hang up the bag to dry. Roll over bowls, spoons, etc. to empty them. These kinds of bags sometimes follow me out of department stores.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
A wanigan is a box shaped to fit into the bottom of (a particular) canoe. Chuckie made one a few years ago, and if he can remember where he has it stored, maybe he'll regale you with pictures & info. (That's your cue, Chuck. Up and at'em!)

I have a picture someplace but right now Mac has the canoe and the Wanigan for his use , took it over and gave it to him before the trip. His 80 pound Mohawk was killing his back and he needed a 40 pound canoe to use. So I took all of the stuff I made for it so he could enjoy it while paddling here in the land of Heat an Humidity.

Chuck.
Found it along with the canoe Mac has ...NOW.
canoe%20003.jpg