Can you buy a Pirogues that is built? | SouthernPaddler.com

Can you buy a Pirogues that is built?

Archie

Nov 30, 2005
Moncks Corner, SC
Hi Folks:

Hope ya'll had a merry Christmas & are having a happy new year. I have a friend who wants a pirogue, but he has no building skills. Can a boat be purchased that is built.

Archie
Moncks Corner, SC

islandpiper

yup, sure can. There is a fellow or two here in La. that make them every day. Otherwise, any of about 100 guys here on the forum would love to make one for you, for a small profit. In fact, a couple of them would come to your house, move in, build all day, watch TV and drink beer in the evening till the boat was done and the beer was gone.

piper

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Archie said:
Hi Folks:

Hope ya'll had a merry Christmas & are having a happy new year. I have a friend who wants a pirogue, but he has no building skills. Can a boat be purchased that is built.

Archie
Moncks Corner, SC

Is your friend anywhere around Florida? I have a 15 1/2 at 32 pounds he might be interested in since all I use is the stripper pirogue I made.

If I sell it then it would give me some room in the shop to make another boat. :lol:

If he wants a glass one , do a Google on Pirogues and he will find a mess of them.

Chuck.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Piper wrote

yup, sure can. There is a fellow or two here in La. that make them every day. Otherwise, any of about 100 guys here on the forum would love to make one for you, for a small profit. In fact, a couple of them would come to your house, move in, build all day, watch TV and drink beer in the evening till the boat was done and the beer was gone

You talkin bout me again.? :p

dangermouse01

Sep 8, 2006
Palm Bay, FL (East coast)
islandpiper said:
yup, sure can. There is a fellow or two here in La. that make them every day. Otherwise, any of about 100 guys here on the forum would love to make one for you, for a small profit. In fact, a couple of them would come to your house, move in, build all day, watch TV and drink beer in the evening till the boat was done and the beer was gone.

Like Piper said, or........
"In fact, a couple of them would come to your house, move in, watch and drink beer till the beer was gone." :lol: :lol:

DM
mike