Cargo triler to camper conversion | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Cargo triler to camper conversion

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Jack,
The green light does not attract fish. It attracts stuff at the bottom of the food chain, which attracts bigger stuff. That keeps going on until the big fish arrive to feast on all the smaller goodies. Ads on the internet says they (the lights) are banned in something like 40 states and it's a big secret. Always wondered if it's such a secret, why are they trying to sell it. Anyway, that is how I think it works.
Bob

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
Wannbe,
Any of the larger Electrical supply companies can order them for you. Also this lite is actually a green protective sleeve over a white bulb. All inside of 2" clear pvc pipe. This green lite is made to sink also. The wife and I use it for Crappie fishing.

greenlite004.jpg

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
People all over the Pacific hang a torch over the side of a boat when fishing in the dark. The firelight is supposed to attract fish. I think it works, because it's a tradition all over the Pacific.

Maybe the green works on different creatures? Try a green one on one side of a boat, and a white on on the other? White contains green along with other colors too. A simple, waterproof flashlight on a string may work. Try different colored filters over the lens?

Jimmy W

May 1, 2006
north georgia, USA
I have to say that the bed frame set-up bothers me. I would rather see the leg hinges attached to the bottom of the frame so that the legs are under the frame supporting it and not relying on the screws.
Jimmy

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
I ordered a LED lite for my trailer, but after seing it I am going to order 2 or 3 more. These things are super bright and would be ideal to attach to your yak for night paddling. My office is 16x14 and one of these lites it up pretty well. It pulls 350 MA so one of the small 12 amp hour deer feeder batteries would run 1 or 2 for a long time.

lite2002.jpg

lite2001.jpg

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
Took a deep breath and took a grinder with a cutting wheel to the doors of my trailer tonight to install a couple of small windows. After measuring about six times I cut the holes and installed the windows. They worked out very well.

trailer092109003.jpg

trailer092109004.jpg

I also got some of the wiring done. I sure do like these LED lights. I am running three-six bulb lights inside on 12 volts and they pull less than one amp combined. I also drilled a 3" hole in the side of the trailer to install the 120 volt power hatch and cord. The trailer is kind of utilitarian because I will still need to work out of it some . If I made it too nice I would not want to use it for work anymore.:)

trailer092109001.jpg

trailer092109002.jpg

trailer092109005.jpg

trailer092109006.jpg

islandpiper

Sort of reminds me of a fellow near here. He was in the piano business and had to pull into every weigh station he came to with his commercial trailer.

So, he got a horse trailer, big one with the camper on the end. Pulled it with a pick up truck. Had old tack hanging off the sides, Kept a cowboy hat on the dash.

He never got weighed again since he was just a guy hauling his horses to the next rodeo. Funny thing, though. Most of the horses were named "Steinway"!!

Piper

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
I have a V-8000 that's been opened up. I will probably put it in. I usually look-up area Emergency Service freq. for the area I will be around to be able to scan. Kinda a high end scanner, but if I need help the 75w would come in handy.