Carp poll revised. | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

Carp poll revised.

Carp. (poll question fixed) Is it a Gamefish?

• yes (poor man's bonefish. Challenging and fights hard)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no (its a big goldfish...)

• not sure (never fished for one)

• Total voters

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
I know you are...

I know your funnin me,. :D
SPeaking of catfish...I am so ready to net some shad for cutbait and go for the cats.....about another month.....
Kahuna
Swampy said:
Mike, ya knowz I iz funn'in ya...

You go ahead and fish them critters... 8)

Maybe one day ya kin win a Ranger XL w/250 horse Merc to git to 'em... :shock:

And I'll jest be here wit mah feet in a pan soakin them... :cry:

But do catch sum cats fer the feast!
swampy

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
MIKE!!! Take those shad and deep fry them ( remove the roe before that for some fine dinning).
Down here the nets get stuckinto the water , pulled out.... and then taken to a waiting skillet after they are cleaned and de-roed..

Big gatherings are created by this feast. In fact it is one of the first outside gatherings around here for Sunday School classes and clubs.

Now our shad come in from the ocean.... you'd have to travel a ways to get to the salty shores... :cry:

Your's shad I'm not familur with... fresh water type I guess and maybe not to good to eat .... :?:

Now you all do have smelt up there in the Great Lakes and man-oh-man are they ever good! The high dollar food stores will carry smelt for a couple of weeks.... I get me some pounds of them and go home and pig out... :p

swampy

A

Anonymous

Fellas,

I thank everbody fer keepin' this talk on the highroad. We all know it aint eazy. But mostly I wanna thank everbody fer not askin' Swampy ta quit carpin'. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll:

regards,

bearridge
bodine comedy school

I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called 'brightness,' but it doesn't work. Gallager

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Swampy said:
MIKE!!!

Now you all do have smelt up there in the Great Lakes and man-oh-man are they ever good! The high dollar food stores will carry smelt for a couple of weeks.... I get me some pounds of them and go home and pig out... :p

swampy
You got that right Swamus Fryus! I open 'em up flat, pull out the backbone, drag' 'em thru some four and corn meal, deep fry 'em. Get out your Tabasco and your favorite frosted beverage and go to town!
Yakus in DC
Do I sleep face up or down in this town? :?

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Our Shad...

Our shad are fresh water and are just bait fish. Some get maybe 1/2 pound maybe a little bigger. They die almost as soon as you pull them out of the water. We cut them up and use them for drifting on the ridges(shallows) in the middle of the lake for catfish. Kahuna

oldyaker said:
Swampy said:
MIKE!!!

swampy
You got that right Swamus Fryus! I open 'em up flat, pull out the backbone, drag' 'em thru some four and corn meal, deep fry 'em. Get out your Tabasco and your favorite frosted beverage and go to town!
Yakus in DC
Do I sleep face up or down in this town? :?