Catfish and Gator's excellent adventure..... | SouthernPaddler.com

Catfish and Gator's excellent adventure.....

gator_8_em

Oct 30, 2005
Southeast Georgia
It was billed as the fourth (I think) annual Canoochee River Race. Catfish, Franke, and I decided to take our time and paddle the 12 mile course. We got out several times and even took a lunch break. The trip lasted almost 5 hours and would have lasted longer had the water temp. been up so we could have taken a dip.

What better way to meet a new friend in person (catfish) than to paddle a river together. This is a very scenic river in Southeast Georgia and if your in the area give it a try.......

Cat....lets paddle again sometime

Catfish (rex)
catfishrex.jpg

Greatrivertopaddle.jpg

100_1801.jpg

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend gator,

Good pichurs. Thanks. Mitey purty water.

regards
bearridge

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. Alexis de Tocqueville

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Heya Gator & Cat,

Great report guys, Even better piccies. :D Thank you for sharing.

A 12 mile, 5 hour race sound like my kind of race on waters as beautiful at that. Just stunning.!

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Fellas,

A geezer race iz ta see how few miles ya kin cover frum 10-3 'er 9-2. Stoppin' often ta unkink iz one good strategy. Anuther iz piddlin' over ta the bank 'n lookin' up in the little side creeks 'er mebbe stoppin' ta watch the monkies in the tree tops.

If ya think that iz eazy, jest give it a try. :wink: :wink:

regards
bearridge
paddlin' geezer canoe clud

ps The Paddlin' Geezers keep careful race records, but none of us recalls where they are.

The lion and the calf shall lie down together but the calf won't get much sleep. Woody Allen

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend gator,

I reckon so. They dont pull up fer me neither. Now it pulls up pichurs of half naked fellas holdin' onta each other. Mebbe ya oughta try webshots.com? Pirogue showed it ta me 'n I put my pichurs on there, but so far I caint put a pichur on here.

If ya like topless fellas huggin' one anuther, I figger that iz yer own bizness. [edit: When I typed this, I meant ta put the little yellow face with a wink rite here, cuz I wuz jest jokin'....but I wuz scairt a wink mite send the wrong signal.] A fella haz gotta be careful these days cuz ya mite end up grovelin' like Don Imus. :roll:

regards
bearridge

Chief: My pop was real big. He did like he pleased. That's why everybody worked on him. The last time I seen my father, he was blind and diseased from drinking. And every time he put the bottle to his mouth, he don't suck out of it, it sucks out of him until he shrunk so wrinkled and yellow even the dogs didn't know him.
McMurphy: Killed him, huh?
Chief: I'm not saying they killed him. They just worked on him. The way they're working on you.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
hey yak glad to see u survived the little bugs called sand nats. hope u had a great time. waiting to see ur pics.

are u guys snowed in with ur spring snow storm. :) (cat)