chapter 16 | SouthernPaddler.com

chapter 16

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Chapter 16

The main party had slipped into the waters again and had made good time and distance that day. Sir Wallace hadnt any thing to report and the delayed guards had nothing either to report that evening. The foreword scouts had seen tracks of Indians but no encounters. Bro Bar ( Bar Ridge) had found a suitable site to camp at and Sparkey had gathered some local information about the area from reading the woods so to speak. Animal tracks were sighted and thus game was placed on the menu. Packers had unloaded the canoes and boats and had begun to set up tables furnished by the Commandor and his men.
Some of the men had been fashioning lures from animal hairs and hides to make some impressive presentations. They busied themselves into making more with a few taking a few of the lures out to try their hand at bringing an assortment into the camps food fair. Big Al had some with him in his canoe.
Al tossed out to the side and began stripping line off of his rod and then re-toss the line out further into the open areas. His casts were ahead of some ripples that broke the evening surface and before to long there was a mighty pull from below the waters surface and a great tug of war commenced.

A

Anonymous

Friend Swampy,

How bout I draw up a treaty fer them injuns? We'll treat 'em fair 'n square. They give us North America 'n we give 'em Italy.....'er Yugoslavia? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

See if ya kin swap 'em New Amsterdam....fer say......the Black Hills?

regards,

bearridge

P.S. Pass the biscuits 'n mustard...uh hmmmm

People who are wise, good, smart, skillful, or hardworking don't need politics, they have jobs. P.J. O'Rourke

A

Anonymous

Bro Bar have ya been lookin at mah notes!? he he and yer the one to do th' talkin to em! :shock: Coming soon.....

swampy

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
We could even explore the story from the Indians' point of view.

"Tonto! Who in hell let those stinking white guys in the country!!??"

"AAHhhhh, me not know, Crazy Horse. But, not to worry, there aren't very many of them."

"Well, OK. Sell'em our worthless beaver pelts and some of that yellow gravel. I can't believe they give us all those good, glass beads for our junk! And tell our young women to stay away from that Kayak Jock, or whatever his name is. They're ALL OVER that guy!"

"AHHhhh, Kemo Sabe."

That's where all those blue-eyed Indians that drink Scotch came from. NOW - you know the REST of the story.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Jack

BLUE EYES ....... I was told yours are brown, :? We are talking fertilizer here folks and lots of it. I mean this is fertilizer Kayak Jack style or level or amount , semi trucks full..... :wink:

GOT YA JACK .... Grit power forever :lol: :lol: :lol: Gooooooo Gritssss
Chuck.