Anonymous

Chapter 4
Ole Chris Finds “The Bumpâ€Â

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Bear

You are starting to scare me about the rivers you have paddled......and like to paddle.

I was asking you about the Buffalo (On our last trip) because I would like to do it someday and you said ... an easy river to paddle, done it before. Sounds like an easy river if you have a prepaid insurance, hospital plan and EMT'S Standing by. :p

You look at the above river paddling as an everyday thing and all I know is the quiet, Southerly, Gentile, Gentlemen Water ... none of that rough, fight, with the wife water..... besides she wins all of the time which worries me even more. :oops:

I am thinking I better check with my (almost) legal person ... :roll: Swampy (Bodine School of Wood Boat Builders and Legal Advice) and see if I am endangering my poor ole wood canoe.

I have already prepaid him three pounds of grits (uncooked) and one pack of Hot Cocoa Mix.
:x
Besides I don't want my canoe turning into camp fire fodder.... Anyway not yet and that is why he is on retainer ( or was that retreads for his truck) for my boats protection. :?

Chuck.

A

Anonymous

Friend Chuck,

Back when I wrote that tale, I wuz old, but not quite wore out. I figger its gwine ta come a time ta quit paddlin' on the edge. Everbody haz there own "edge". It jest haz ta be far out enuff ta scare the beejezus outta ya. I seen a fella pole through them Falls with hiz dog in the front one afternoon. Hiz "edge" iz way out past mine.

When the big challenge comes at the end of the river, its real hard on a geezer. I have blowed out in the Falls jest cuz I run slap outta steam.

Course, I dont have ta try no stunts in them Falls. I could jest try ta line up 'n git through quick....like I did when I first went ta paddlin'. Naw.....not jest yet. :wink:

regards,

bearridge
paddlin' geezer canoe clud