3 oz. of cream cheese
1/8 tsp of Ground Black Pepper
1/4 tsp of Salt
1 Tablespoon onion (diced)
2 Cups Chicken (cooked and cubed)
8 oz. Tube of Refrigerated Crescent Rolls

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Blend 2 T of butter, milk, cream cheese in bowl.
2. Add Chicken and seasonings
3. Separate rolls to make 4 squares (press out perforations to seal)
4. Spoon 1/4 Cup chicken mixture into center
5. Bring corners together and pinch sides to seal
6. Melt remaining 2 T of butter and brush the tops of the squares.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown

You can throw in a 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms, diced red pepper, or cheddar cheese into the chicken mixture for variety. You can buy the canned chicken to save time. You could even try it with tuna.

CamperDave

Nov 12, 2005
Southwestern PA
Chicken

Hey Jimmy....
You gonna make that chicken when we get to Lake Miji?? I'll bring the wine....maybe we can talk Kayak Jack into bringing the dessert....Baked Alaska...hehehehehehehe :lol:

islandpiper

Bears Buddy.......How about this?

Honey, I'll make dinner.........we'll have chicken in a basket. I'm going to be leaving for a few days, taking my pirogue out to the marsh to get stuff for the basket. Then, I'll be gone till about next Thursday, runnning up to Memphis for some special BBQ sauce, then back thru Natchez to get some fresh peanut oil.

I'll be meeting up with some fellas from the forum, we're all gonna weave baskets together, and maybe play a little golf.
See how easy that was?

Piper

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Okay......I see yer point.

Early mound builders used baskets. Instead of golf, why not "honey, it will take a few weeks cuz after we weave the baskets, we aim ta build some mounds".

Course, ya caint use that one too often. She mite git curius. :wink:

The avoidance of taxes is the only intellectual pursuit that carries any reward. John Maynard Keynes

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
I think those early basket weav'n Injuns what made the mounds, also weaved a long skinny basket to throw and catch balls in......you know that game they play in Florida and place bets on....is it Jai Alai or something like that??? So instead of playing golf, we could place bets, watch Chuck and Jack play that basket game wearing their loin cloths and beads. The nice thing is with them playing, the whole game would be in slow motion. I guess it's an early form of Geezer Sports betting. With the wearing of loin cloths, Jack will have to extinuish his seegar..... :roll:

Wow! This thread has been hijacked and went off course really fast! If it ain't a record, it's close!!!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Someone needs to weave the basket nice and tight so the grits don't fall threw the cracks as ya all snack on them watching Jack run around out there , I'll be in the shade taking a nap while he tries to catch up.

Better make a second basket but this time fireproof since the chicken has to bake in it for 25 minutes at 350. There we are back (sort of ) on which subject ??????? "O" Yes .. baking baskets

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
oldyaker said:
Wow! This thread has been hijacked and went off course really fast! If it ain't a record, it's close!!!
piper done it. I seen him. Used a wrench....in the kitchen. Col. Mustard wuz watchin'. Rachel Ray likes ta pan fry chicken with mustard on it.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
bearridge said:
Rachel Ray likes ta pan fry chicken with mustard on it.

You seen pictures of her lately , no not the old shows , what she looks like now. Holy Cow , what a Cow , she is three persons all wrapped up into one. Ya could say she has expanded. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wounder how long it will be till she comes out with a fat free , weight reducing cookbook and then prove they work, or try to.

Jenny Craig and her weight reducing , pre cooked meals , better look out. :p

Chuck.

CamperDave

Nov 12, 2005
Southwestern PA
Ms Ray and weaving baskets (for Oleyakers chicken)

Hey Sparkey...
Why you dissin' Ms Ray? Last time I talked to her, she said some very nice things about you....guess I'm gonna have to tune into her show to see the big fat cow..... :lol:
camperdave

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
islandpiper said:
Second.....the mental image of chuck and jack in loincloths makes me want to walk the length of Bourbon street to try to get it out of my mind......ouch.
Friend piper,

Now that Swampy iz back (it aint eazy ta bounce back frum alien abduction 'n a hyena problem) wait til ya see what him 'n oldyaker wear when the Army vs. Navy ball game comes ta Philly next fall. Chuck tole 'em they wuz both banned frum the forum if either of 'em posted any pichurs wearin' their cheerin' duds. :wink:

Miz Martha Stewart got nuthin' on Swampy when it comes ta wearin' a tarp....but she mite have him beat when it comes ta accessorizin'. :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

He that goes aborrowing, goes asorrowing.  Benjamin Franklin