Christmas Downunderneath | SouthernPaddler.com

Christmas Downunderneath

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Hey Mates,

What do ya'll hurt yerownselves eatin' during the Christmas days? We know what ya wash it down with.
045.gif

How bout the Limeys? Fellas frum the Seychelles? Canucks? Russian gals? Californians?

respectfully
bearridge

The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is inefficiency. An efficient bureaucracy is the greatest threat to liberty. Eugene McCarthy

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Today's my birthday. We celebrated with a brunch at our favorite, local, Chinese restaurant eating dim sum. Dim sum is kind of a Chinese smorgasbord brought to your table.

They wheel around a cart with many dishes of a wide variety of morsels, you pick, folks at the table share. Katie used chopsticks; Grandpa used a fork. I used to be a semi-expert with chopsticks, but lack of proficiency training has reduced that to sub-neophyte status.

Tomorrow, quiche, turkey, shrimp, etc.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Jack! Happy Birthday you old fart! How many does this make......not nuff digits on the keyboard....Ehh! :lol:

I thought I noticed a glow to the NW from the glow off the candles on your cake....and I'm in DC! :wink: Guess threre will be another wax shortage for awhile. :roll: Happy Birthday Buddy! And a thousand more! :lol:

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Now I know why it seemed the sun did not set. That many candles made the Western sky glow for hours after sunset. :shock:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Thank you, Sir. I'm hoping the rum balls, sangria, & beer sort of made up for the cold roast lamb. Sangria is good, but it comes up hard and stains the rug bad.

Probably had the sheep had a vote, he would have opted out of disappointing you.

JEM

Christmas was at the in laws today. My mom-in-law is still getting over back surgery so we kept it simple with a sliced honey baked ham and plenty of side dishes.

Yesterday we had some friends and their kids over. The husband of the couple is Jewish so I made some matza ball soup and knishes. When I was making the knishes according to the recipe, I didn't think they'd turn out well. But everyone scarfed them up and the husband said they were very good. So I guess I did them right.

We celebrated Chanukah and Christmas here too. Jack in here

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Happy Birthday Jack, ya old fart :D

We had cold sliced ham & chook err chicken with side salads & nibblies

Drinks of choice were beer & coffee.
Too warm to do much. Just sat round in the shade under the mango tree :D