Christmas & poking fun at fruitcakes again... | SouthernPaddler.com

Christmas & poking fun at fruitcakes again...

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Some fruitcake fun for the holiday.
I think most people hate fruitcakes.. I sure do but my wife of 49 years liked them. The link is shooting fruitcakes with a 22 & 45-70. Now.... take a guess at how many fruitcakes a 22 will go through... and than a 45-70. I was surprised myself.
Now the 45-70

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I really like fruitcakes , look at all of them signed on here. :D

Ooop's I think he meant the bakery kind.
Only one for me .... Claxton Fruitcakes , some really great fruitcakes , either regular or the dark they both are good.
Claxton Bakery has something I appreciate and that's the Claxton singles ( Claxsnax ) . A 20 single slices package of one of their regular cakes. Each slice is individually wrapped. It's handy to carry in your shirt pocket when going for a day hike. Pack several in a backpack when going camping as snacks.
I keep them in the frig and they will last for a good amount of time.If you don't eat all of them in a hurry. I get a box every year plus a 2 pound cake.

The ones he was shooting were not Claxton cakes more like a wally world ones.

Reactions: BEARS BUDDY

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I've never tried a store bought fruitcake. Mom used to make a dark fruitcake that I enjoyed along with a good cup of coffee. And, a lot of butter.

My guess is, that people get a not good (bad) fruitcake, and quickly developed a distaste for all fruitcakes. Probably can't be blamed. Fortunately, my first fruitcake was good - really good. Did I mention that Mom wrapped them in rum soaked cloths?