Christmas Toys | SouthernPaddler.com

Christmas Toys

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I received, from Santas of many varieties, toys and gifts of several descriptions. One toy is very utilitarian, and will be used every week. My Son got me large, wooden rack for drying laundry. (Electric clothes driers are too expensive for run of the mill stuff.) This hummer is made by the Amish, and can take a couple of washer loads easily.

I have a new picture of my Granddaughter, Katie. Not being a bit prejudiced, she is the cutest thing to hit the shores of the US since Marylin Monroe. I have a wooden puzzle made of bamboo, and can't disassemble it to challenge myself reassembling it. I feel a bit inadequate.

Other toys are here too, but I'm still learning how to play with them.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I received a large container of Cashews ( My Favorite Nut ) A couple nice short sleeve shirts , one Blue and one Red. Santa figured I needed some shirts with color in them. If the weather warms up I could wear them. :lol:

Two boxes of Good an Plenty's , and a bag of hard strawberry candies. Then there was a large ( commercial size box ) of Beef Jerky Santa thought I would like to have for a upcoming trip.The guys and I will be snacking on beef jerky. Plus the compulsory container of Hot Pickled Okra and a jar of Spanish Olivie's. :D

While at the oldest daughters , her and her hubby gave the wife and myself a Sharp Sound Bar for the TV I got the wife so I figure that sound bar is really hers. :roll:
It was a practical and layed back Christmas all the way around but a nice one with friends and family. Seams like everyone we know was baking cookies this year as gifts , we should not run out for quite a while.

Was waiting till Christmas and the shopping rush was over to order the Kukri machete from Cold Steel for myself , which I did today.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
I'm still running a kerosene powered TV - what's a Sharp Sound Bar? Can you hear Howdy Doody on it?

Can you say........... SURROUND SOUND...........Like one of those BOSE things where the sound hits you from all angles and you have no idea where it is coming from so you think you are there. :? Or Surround Sound like in a movie theater.( Personally I know it is coming from the volume control section on the remote.)

I guess it is just something a person needs to complete the High Def TV and to get modern with the technology of today's electronic entertainment world. Heck it is for her enjoyment and if she is happy then so am I , she does not like camping unless it is at a Radison with room service. :roll:

I told her watching that thing was like being at the movies with out all the nasty people who wreck the show for you and all she needed was some pop corn...... Next thing I heard was pop corn popping in the microwave.... Dam it was just like being at the movies. We have our own , private movie theater. :D :D

I do have to admit when I get a chance to see the TV in action on the http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/wild/shows/ it is almost like being there. Yes I do have a snack when watching it.

Personally I will take a hammock on a river bank someplace or an island out in the Gulf of Mexico in the moon light or even star light for my night time entertainment anytime. Dam , even if it rains all of it is some surround sound that I enjoy. :D

Jack you are just a primate person with today's technology and I ain't that fer behind ya , bout a half a step , an gaining quickly. Hell , at times I still use a candle lantern when camping , I do like the simpler times.

Chuck.........

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
So, you have a color set? WOW!

Yep ..... the outside is Black an White with a Silver Screen....... Just like the movies. :D She has what she needs to relax after working all day and I have mine for my enjoyment and I am sure the two worlds will never collide. We are on two different paths.
Guess that is what makes for a happy marriage that has lasted for 46 years , with luck , even a lot more. Not a lot of folks can say that. :D

We have something that works for both of us and pretty soon we will have a Grandson.......( But as I told the expectant Mother , I am way to young to be a Grandparent) Will not say what she said. :lol:

WDfrmTN

Kayak Jack said:
I'm still running a kerosene powered TV - what's a Sharp Sound Bar? Can you hear Howdy Doody on it?
I know what you mean...I upgraded to the HD rabbit ears, but still have to aim them and tune them with aluminum foil. Looks kinda funny atop a widescreen HDTV, but hey - I'm a redneck!