CLC Wood Duck 12 | SouthernPaddler.com

CLC Wood Duck 12

Scooter

Geesh, had longer initial post halfway done then walked away from computer and it timed out and lost it all! :( Oh well, life on the internet. Here's a link to the build as well as a pic or two on the water. Was a fun winter project last year, got it done late last summer and just now posting because spring is coming and getting more motivated and stuff. :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/skooterpics/sets/72157623039011747/

Wood Duck 12 by skooterpics, on Flickr

rhutchinson

Jan 18, 2008
Middle Tn.
Nice looking boat. Wood contrast really looks good and the finish looks like it came out great.
Where are you going to be paddling this boat? I'm in middle Tn also, by the Tn. River.

Richard

Scooter

Stones river into Percy Priest lake was the only place so far in the WD. Just 30 minutes from the house. Had the pirogue in several lakes at Natchez Trace State park which has some relaxing lakes with few people, especially if you go at the right times. What do you know about the campgrounds at Mousetail Landing SP? I'm not familiar with the river much north of I-40 although we fished it alot as kids. Normandy Lake is good, about an hour SE from me and Center Hill about an hour northeast. Reelfoot lake is awesome though it's quite a drive from here (Murfreesboro).

rhutchinson

Jan 18, 2008
Middle Tn.
Sorry,Don't know anything about Mousetail, I'm only familiar with the New Johnsonville area, Duck River etc. I plan on going to the Natches Trace this summer with my canoe. Which lake do you suggest starting with, the one north of I 40 or south?
I also plan on spending a few days at Reelfoot at some point. Didn't get to last year, maybe this year!

Also can you buy the lake permits for Natchez Trace at the lakes or do you have to buy them before you get there? I know none of those lakes are marked to be able to buy a licence at.

Thanks

Richard

Scooter

Richard, Just got back from a few days at Natchez Trace SP. Maple's Creek Lake (north of 40) and Brown's Lake (south) both have a payment box on site (honor system). $5 per day fishing permit. They're administered by TWRA. Pin Oak Lake (south) is administered by the state park and the permit is $2 (free for campground or lodge guests). Pin Oak is the largest. Probably four of five times I've visited Maples lake, it's deserted. For this reason it's my favorite; it just feels secluded and quiet (although many of my visits are not peak tourist season).

Info on TWRA's fishing lakes: http://www.tn.gov/twra/fish/pond/TWRAfamlake/ffl_regs_09.pdf