Closing down Southernpaddler forum due to inactivity | SouthernPaddler.com

Closing down Southernpaddler forum due to inactivity

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
For all concerned this forum will cease on Jan 1 , 2024 and it been a good run over the last 25 years. Time to move on to other matters. I asked Robin to remove us from his server freeing up space for him. My decision is based on going one month & 4 days ( Nov 15 to Dec 19 ) without any activity on the forum.
It will also free up a lot of time for me and get me away from this computer.
I thank all of you for being there and we have helped a lot of folks find new hobbies of building boats fishing , camping and even cooking some delicious meals.
We need to give Robin a big Thank you for letting us hitch a ride on his servers for the last few years and also creating a better web site for all of us to use. Without his generosity over those years we would not of been here.

Chuck ( Oldsparkey )

Last edited:

ulav8r

Jan 25, 2022
Such bad news! I have not been on it near that long. I need to login and start saving pictures. Does anyone know of a quick way to save entire threads?

admin

Robin
Staff member
May 8, 2017
There is a lot of useful content on this forum that I would hate to lose forever.
I am looking into keeping the forum in an archive mode in the new year so the content could still be accessed going forward.

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Chuck THANK YOU (and Robin) for the forum. It has meant much to me since catching the boat building fever. In fact I think I caught it here. This site/forum is the best I have found. It will be hard to find as comfortable of a place to share and learn.
You can be proud of all the knowledge, ideas and information that you help pass on. I have always been impressed at the members friendliness, helpfulness, and civility.

"There is a lot of useful content on this forum that I would hate to lose forever.
I am looking into keeping the forum in an archive mode in the new year so the content could still be accessed going forward."
This will be helpful. Many times when researching for boat building information, especially for anything related to pirogues I find where somebody has linked to "Oldsparkey" as the place for answers.

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Sad news. I understand the decision, though. I thank you and Robin for all of your hard work. I've met a lot of great people through this forum. Finding this forum about 15 years ago was one of those awesome tangents in my life that sent me off on some great adventures.

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
Central Kansas and Central Texas
Chuck and Robin, thank you so much for all you have done. The forum has met so much to many of us, Not Only with our Boat building hobbies. But also as We enjoyed the challenges of aging. Words simply can't express the gratitude we feel for Having the site for this many years, thanks again.

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
Central Kansas and Central Texas
HAPPY NEW YEAR to each of you, and thank you once again for sharing your knowledge and your friendship..for those of you whose phone number I have 'll try to keep in touch occasionally. Chuck and Robin thanks for bringing us along, it was a great ride!!

Carlton Paulk

Aug 28, 2017
For all concerned this forum will cease on Jan 1 , 2024 and it been a good run over the last 25 years. Time to move on to other matters. I asked Robin to remove us from his server freeing up space for him. My decision is based on going one month & 4 days ( Nov 15 to Dec 19 ) without any activity on the forum.
It will also free up a lot of time for me and get me away from this computer.
I thank all of you for being there and we have helped a lot of folks find new hobbies of building boats fishing , camping and even cooking some delicious meals.
We need to give Robin a big Thank you for letting us hitch a ride on his servers for the last few years and also creating a better web site for all of us to use. Without his generosity over those years we would not of been here.

Chuck ( Oldsparkey )
Man I sure hate this. I always just enjoyed reading posts and looking at pics.