Cold Meat Spread for Sandwiches. | SouthernPaddler.com

Cold Meat Spread for Sandwiches.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I sent this out by e-mail to some of the guys and they said they had forgotten about there folks doing this. So I will post it on here.

You can use left over Beef , Ham , Turkey or Chicken ... which ever one floats your boat. :lol: I like it with any of them.

Guy's......

Had some spare time on my hands and since we had a LARGE beef roast last Sunday. It was cooked in the crock pot with the Cambells onion soup. There was about 2 or 2 1/2 pounds left over.

Got out a knife and trimmed the fat off of it. Cut it up into chunks about the size of fish sticks but a bit larger.

Located the old meat grinder that the folks use to have, it is older then dirt and hand operated, clamped it on the kitchen counter, put a bowl under the outlet and stuffed some of the beef in the hopper and started turning the crank. Just cranking away here and enjoying every minute of it because I know what the final product will taste like.

Out came the ground up beef roast. Kept stuffing the meat in there and cracking the handle till all of it was ground up, except for a few chunks I tossed over to my assistant Cook .... Pup's. (Have to keep him happy and as quality control manager he has the last word)

Cleaned the meat grinder by grinding 8 soda crackers thru it ...... the handle was a lot easier to turn when the crackers were in it.

Ended up with a large bowl of the ground up beef roast. Added some Miracle Whip to it along with pickle relish (a few sweet pickles ran thru the grinder) and some sweet pickle juice, mixed it up till it got to a good solid paste.

Tasted it and "O" boy .... Just like Mom use to make. Some good sandwiches are in line for later. Have a fresh loaf of French bread just for that.

Jack as you like to say ..... Jarvis .. Some Good Eating. Who ever in the hell Jarvis is. All I know was that when Pup's tasted some of it he was smiling and wanting more.

Chuck.