Common Grocery Store Shelves | SouthernPaddler.com

Common Grocery Store Shelves

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
It's time to re-roam the aisles of your common grocery store, re-gazing thoughtfully at all the variety of stuff on the shelves. I did today, and here's what I found.

In the new foil packs are not only chicken and regular tuna, there are albacore steaks with seasonings. Lemon pepper, ginger sauce, etc. These would be scrumptious on a bed of rice.

Oriental soups, hot & sour as well as egg drop. Easy to fix, filling with the won tons added.

Lots of "Lipton"-type dinners. Some are Lipton brand, many more of from other companies.

Lots of potatoes - IDAHOAN brand varieties: 1. Four Cheese, 2. Butter & herbs 3. Roasted Garlic. KNORR brand varieties: 1. Scalloped w/ Alfredo sauce 2. Sliced w/ cheese sauce 3. Hash Browns w/ cheese 4. Hash Browns seasoned

Ms. Jean's powdered eggs are the best I've ever had. (OK, you have to call her, but that's pretty enjoyable. Nice to talk with.)

Sum and substance is, we can now "pack our food" for camping right in the grocery store. Or, we can ask Ms. Jean to pack it for us and have even better stuff to eat.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
TUNA .........Jack??????

I thought you did not eat fish. :?

The IDAHOA Potatoes are really good I did the Roasted Garlic ones on one camping trip with some steaks and they are quite good, even have the butter already mixed in with them .. just add the desired amount of water and you are set.
Or thin them out some more then add some onion and have potato soup. They are creamier if you thin them with milk for the soup.

By the way I have been talking with Jean and Sam .... Actually Sam since Jean is some sort of sick, Sam said it is that Rhino Virus and she can't even get out of bed but the medication should have her up and about in a week or so. :D

Chuck