Cool Treats when Paddling or Camping. | SouthernPaddler.com

Cool Treats when Paddling or Camping.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Staying cool and some cool treats when paddling/camping in HOT Weather......

Besides the usual thing of light weight clothing and all the rest there is a good way to cool down. A lot of you know about freezing some water bottles to take along in a small cooler but here is something I like to do that has moisture and is nutritious. It will even help to keep your water cold.

Get some of the red , seedless , grapes or some of the little green ones or a combination of them. Wash and dry them , then put them in a zip lock and squeeze as much air out as you can , then freeze them. When you leave for a trip take a cooler with them in it and use them as a snack while paddling. You will have liquid and nutrition in one package. If you are so inclined do the same with cantaloupes , honeydews or watermelons. Just ball out the meat with a melon baller of a tea spoon.

For some crunch , Celery sticks and or Carrot sticks. They are good to munch on while in camp , the celery has a lot of natural salt and water in it. Sometimes I would even include a banana and some hard boiled eggs for variety. :D

When working Range and Water for the Department I would always have a small cooler full of them for myself and my partner , 8 to 12 hours of patrolling in a boat does make them taste really good and especially on a hot summer day.

Chuck.