Creamy Ramen Noodles

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, any flavor, with seasoning packet
2 cups water
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup milk
Bring water to boil in a small sauce pan.
Add dried noodles and cook 3 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Stir occasionally.
Drain away water. Return noodles to sauce pan.
Add butter, milk and contents of seasoning packet.
If your tastes desire, you may not use all of the seasoning packet.
Heat on low heat and stir until butter is melted and noodles are coated with creamy sauce.

... and of course, it goes with out saying that no Spam or Vieenies are allowed here. :wink:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
His taste buds are shot ,all that Scotch wrecked them. Just no appreciation for the finer camping chow like Vienna's or Spam. :lol:

I keep telling him that a seven course dinner out camping are those seven little Vienna's ( out of the can ) served up on Ritz crackers with a splash of Hot Sauce.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
JEM said:
Kayak Jack said:
... and of course, it goes with out saying that no Spam or Vieenies are allowed here. :wink:

You're cooking with one of the cheapest known foodstuffs but you draw the line at Spam and Vieenies???
:p :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
The stuff that goes into Ramen noodles is clean. It isn't like the stuff swept up to make Viennies or Spam. :|

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, any flavor, with seasoning packet
2 cups water
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup milk
Bring water to boil in a small sauce pan.
Add dried noodles and cook 3 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Stir occasionally.
Drain away water. Return noodles to sauce pan.
Add butter, milk and contents of seasoning packet.
If your tastes desire, you may not use all of the seasoning packet.
Heat on low heat and stir until butter is melted and noodles are coated with creamy sauce.

Since you don't want to add any of the good stuff to it........ :roll:
How about adding a small can of Tuna or a small can of Chicken to beef it up a little. Or a person might add a small can of Clams or Shrimp or Crab for a sea food meal.

It goes without saying no salt since the flavor pack is heavy on the salt but some fresh ground Black Pepper and naturally some Cayenne to pick it up a notch.

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
JEM said:
Kayak Jack said:

You're cooking with one of the cheapest known foodstuffs but you draw the line at Spam and Vieenies???

:p :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

LMAO! What Matt said - I second.

For the record, I like ramen noodles AND Viennas. The floor sweeping alluded to in your later post are what makes the viennas good.

GB

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
The stuff that goes into Ramen noodles is clean. It isn't like the stuff swept up to make Viennies or Spam. :|

I enjoy disagreeing with your statement as much as I enjoy these items.....Vienna's and Spam are packaged and made in sanitary conditions and I have never found anything in them but what is advertised which is meat.

Bill opened a bag of Ramen up , on one trip , and after cooking it for a minute or so , so the noodles soften and separated , He notice a Cockroach swimming in his noodles. The package did not say anything about a protein being in there but it was. :lol: I always cook the noodles before adding anything , just to make sure there are no hitchhikers in them.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
what you cant see or don,t know want hurt you. :wink: :mrgreen: its the things you see that does.if he hadn,t seen the roach you would think its some crunchy protein when you bit down on it in the dark. now if i did that and seen it i guess my stomach would be inside out and nothing left in it. :cry: :evil: i guess thats why you need some good light at night when camping or make supper before dark. :wink: :lol: vienas,spam,potted meat ,bolona sho is good. i use to hear they made potted meat out of old nags? (horses???) almost forgot k jack gritzzzzzs

islandpiper

Or, reach up to the shelf in the grocery, or better yet, Sams Club and get a case of "Creamy Sauce Ramen Noodles". I got the chicken flavor. No messing about and still that same creamy sauce.

And there's still ...fried spam, boiled spam, baked spam, spam strips, spam cubes, spam slices, spam hash, spam gumbo, spam jamblaya, spam soup, spam stew, spam tacos, spam burritos, smoked spam, spam omlettes, spam fried potatoes, spam jerky. spam sushi and that's just the beginning. No wonder you are so skinny Jack, you're not eating right.
piper

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
islandpiper said:
<SNIP> And there's still ...fried spam, boiled spam, baked spam, spam strips, spam cubes, spam slices, spam hash, spam gumbo, spam jambalaya, spam soup, spam stew, spam tacos, spam burritos, smoked spam, spam omelets, spam fried potatoes, spam jerky. spam sushi and that's just the beginning. No wonder you are so skinny Jack, you're not eating right.
piper
And, somehow still got my sanity too! Wonders up here'll just never cease.