Cypress Pirogue | SouthernPaddler.com

Cypress Pirogue

sackett

Sep 26, 2007
I just found some cypress boards,1x 16x 16, that I thiefed from a customer. Well not actually,I deducted the price from his sawbill,all clear,he was gonna waste them on a durned goat pen. Got ta thinkin after I made my knock knock post,and saw the pics from the meetup,they might make a good first boat. Anybody got any good plans for 1x lumber boats-pirogues?

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
Four (maybe three if you cut it close) of those boards, if they're good, will make you a fine boat. But my first reaction is for you to build a first boat out of something else and save those boards for when you're confident that you know what you're doing.

nothing wrong with building more than one boat...........

on the other hand, if you've got enough of those boards to weather a likely mistake then go for it

sackett

Sep 26, 2007
Ain't only but three of the 16 in wide ones. I'm sorta proned ta mistakes,maybe as you say ,I oughta git some 'sperience first. They'll keep

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Maybe try a build outa the pine or such ya cut then you can see where you can save on the Cyprus. If they start goin bad on ya I'll pay the shippin and a few extra bucks for them boards.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Sackett,
You'll find that this joint is full of kind,good hearted selfless helpfull geezers who will be willing to help you out of whatever building materials that you have. Be wary of them. They are just looking out for themselfs.
Did I tell you how much I love cypress? :twisted:
Bob

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Sackett and Bob
I'm in it for the general public's knowledge so they can see a Cyprus canoe here in the south central Ozarks. course I wouldn't mind tellin them where the Cyprus came from.