Day trip Dorcheat Bayou [pics]lots of em | SouthernPaddler.com

Day trip Dorcheat Bayou [pics]lots of em

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
Well, today a couple of geezers and five [5] count em lovely ladies went for a paddle up the bayou. Dorcheat Bayou runs from Ark. into La. We put in at Dixie Inn and went up Bayou for around 3 or 4 miles. Ate lunch turned around and came back. All in all a fine day.

At the put in.

DrocheatBayou-02.jpg

The start of the float
DrocheatBayou-05.jpg

There ARE fall colour changes, even in La..
DrocheatBayou-21.jpg

There is nothing wrong with aluminiun if it gets you on the water. And I think the bonnets are something else.
DrocheatBayou-15.jpg

The other geezer taking it easy.
DrocheatBayou-07.jpg

Louisiana homestead.
DrocheatBayou-22.jpg

DrocheatBayou-34.jpg

And finally, a Movie Star type sittin in a fine WOOD craft.
DrocheatBayou-13.jpg

I love the looks of the trees with the Spanish Moss.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Baldy,

Good on all ya'll. That boat looks mitey good in the water. Miz Bear sez "I would hate ta put it in the water". She haz seen all the deep gouges in my boat. How long a drive frum Shreveport ta the Dixie Inn?

regards
bearridge

ps What iz that sticker on the aluminum canoe?

Navin: You know, while you were playing that just now, I had the craziest fantasy that I could rise up and float right down the end of this coronet, right through here, through these vales, right along this tube, and right up against your lips and give you a kiss.
Marie: Why didn't you?
Navin: I didn't want to get spit on me.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Mighty fine pictures BC! Thanks for the report. Looks like some nice water for a Autumn Day paddle with some nice ladies. Wish'n I was with y'all. The gentleman in the wood wood boat....Is that Paul Newman? My he aged gracefully! :wink: