Deep Fried Pierogies. | SouthernPaddler.com

Deep Fried Pierogies.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
OK Swampus, since you like pierogies so much, this ones for you!
Get a bag of Mrs. T's frozen pierogies, potato/ceese filled. Have a bowl of warm water standing by. Heat deep fryer to around 350 degrees. Throw a handful of frozen pierogies into the warm water for a couple of minutes and drain. Place a few perogies into the 350 degree oil until they float and are golden colored. Serve hot with a bowl of your favorite salsa. Enjoy.
OK Swampus, turn up the sound on your computer and visit this site for more great recipes for pierogies and dance to the polka! :lol:
Didn't know you southern boys knew about pierogies but your a well traveled caveman Swampus! :p http://www.pierogies.com
Szcesliwego Nowego Roku! :D

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
:D This one made me smile :D We love um fried. They are good with Sour cream too and salsa. We make these big home-made ones. With different fillings. Makes my eyes tear up thinking about them. BTW...I have "Lenny Live" cd in my truck right now it is by "Lenny Gomulka and the Chicago Push" Band. FANTASTIC POLKA. http://www.chicagopush.com/ :D Kahuna
oldyaker said:
OK Swampus, since you like pierogies so much, this ones for you!
Get a bag of Mrs. T's frozen pierogies, potato/ceese filled. Have a bowl of warm water standing by. Heat deep fryer to around 350 degrees. Throw a handful of frozen pierogies into the warm water for a couple of minutes and drain. Place a few perogies into the 350 degree oil until they float and are golden colored. Serve hot with a bowl of your favorite salsa. Enjoy.
OK Swampus, turn up the sound on your computer and visit this site for more great recipes for pierogies and dance to the polka! :lol:
Didn't know you southern boys knew about pierogies but your a well traveled caveman Swampus! :p http://www.pierogies.com
Szcesliwego Nowego Roku! :D

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Oldyaker... I grew up in and around Detroit... west side... lotz and lotz of Polish folks there. Mom would trade her southern fried chicken for the Polish dishes.

By the way.... What's the difference between a Polish wedding and a Polish funeral?

Scroll down...

ONE!

swampy

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
OK poncho.... lets say that there's "X" number at the wedding.....
Now when some one dies.... there's a funeral for that person right?
Now are ya still following me?
That deceased person is no longer counted among the "living'....
Hence ONE less.... X-1
Note also that a wedding is full of food and dancing and drinking.....
Note also that this wasn't refered to as "Difference in".....
So now we can understand that a merry Polish wedding and a Polish funeral has only the ONE difference in them....

The funeral is looked upon as a celebration for the living as the loved one is now in Heaven and all should be happy with that... yes, there are tears there... but again so there are tears at the wedding also...

swampy

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Yep.

You got it Swampus! Pretty much the same with the Italian and Russian weddings I've been to as well. The eat'n, drink'n and danc'n goes on three days after the dearly departed is buried or the bride and groom go on the honeymoon! The only time these hard work'n guys wore a suit was weddings and funerals.

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Re: Yep.

Oldyaker knows what he is talkng about. My great Uncle had/has five daughters. 100% polish on my moms side. As a kid I went to allot of polish and Italian weddings. It's like..lets get the ceremony over so we can get on with the party. :lol: KAHUNA
oldyaker said:
You got it Swampus! Pretty much the same with the Italian and Russian weddings I've been to as well. The eat'n, drink'n and danc'n goes on three days after the dearly departed is buried or the bride and groom go on the honeymoon! The only time these hard work'n guys wore a suit was weddings and funerals.