Deleted Post | SouthernPaddler.com

Deleted Post

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Recently a post I made was deleted. Today I saw an "alert" from "?" saying it was deleted because I had posted an email address. I have never posted anybodies email address. I have no clue what any of this means.
How do you respond to an alert?

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I deleted the post and sent you the message explaining why.
I checked it out after you posted it. On that websites attachment in their Facebook area was my email address with a password and below it was my youngest daughters email address and password.
Not sure if the youngest daughter gave anyone permission to do that. I KNOW I didn't. Simple reason is that I'm NOT on Facebook , years ago , many , many , years ago I canceled my membership and all information or at lease I thought I did.
That's the reason I deleted the posting and information it contained.

Chuck.
I checked your new posting of the same event and it has a different format then the one I deleted.

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
I now understand why you deleted it. The "alert" was not clear to me because I did not post any email addresses or passwords. Also, the alert did not state who it was from only a symbol with a "?" mark. Never did I see any personal information listed or "linked to" on what I posted. I would never post that type info. I was only trying to provide information that I thought would be of interest to forum members.
My question still stands, "How do you respond to an alert?", or can you?

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
I had an "alert" today from another member and I was able to respond to it. The one I got about the boat show I don't see how to respond.
I believe the the issue with your email and password showing is/was between you and "Facebook". I would guess they appeared to you and only you when you went to the site. Not likely Facebook would have or could made any kind of connection to you when I copied the link.

Last edited:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I guess facebook is a pain in more then a lot of ways. I signed on when they 1st started and that was with AOL. I was on facebook for bout a month at the most.
What they had was newer information associated with Google. I guess it's just one of those things that keeps life interesting and now in the past.