Digital cameras | SouthernPaddler.com

Digital cameras

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
This Cannon will not go 20 pictures without failing. I wonder if this is normal or did I get a lemon

JT

Dec 21, 2007
Denton, TX
sounds lemony...mine does fine with a couple of powerex 2700 mah rechargeable batteries--many more than 20 pics...

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Actually no there not rechargeables just store bought that what I'm getting tired of. I see I need to get rechargeables though. Which do you say are good.

JT

Dec 21, 2007
Denton, TX
I'm still wondering about the camera, too. My canon works fine even when I use the backup alkaline batteries instead of the rechargeable. 20 pics is way too few to explain by just alkaline vs. rechargeable batteries...

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Hey Oz,

What model is your Cannon?

I just rememberd that aout a year ago, I bought Robin a little Cannon (model A430) a later model to my cannon and she had problems with it eating batteries very quickly too.

We took it back and the guy replaced it - no questions asked with another one of the same model. Seems they had some problems with the quality of that model.

If your camera is new - take it back.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
I use my viewfinder instead of the display screen to compose my pictures because I heard that using the display screen uses up a lot of battery power. I have no gripes about battery life.
Bob

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Hi Mick
It's an A550 I have had it for a few months, but this problem has existed since it was new. I use it a lot at work so the office and big boss can see progress or problems. It's aggravating when I get one or two shots then dead battery.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I have a hp315 that will take couple hundred 640 by 480 pics using the led screen and twice that with just the veiw finder on alkiline batteries
The reason i use those is i i get caught out camping batteries go down chunk them stick some new ones in and go.
Ron

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
OK mate,

Sounds like it is probably your camera.

Take it back if you can. Something is not right.

I now use a Pentax Optio W30. These cameras are astonishing- 7.1 megapixel, (3X zoom which is just adequate) but where they really shine is in the big screen on the back. They take very good macro and landscape and are waterproof. :D They have their own battery that last for ages. The camera comes with a battery charger. Value for money I think is superb.

Another very good camera is a Fuji SLR look-alike model S5700.
robin has one of these. 7 megapixel and 10X optical zoom. Pic quality is slightly better than the Pentax but the camera is fairly bulky for what it is. It taks 4 AA batteries and can be pretty heavy on them.

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
After reading all of this I'm thinking so to guy's.
I like the pictures it takes and so does our office. Unforntunatly the batteries come out of my pocket, they don't own the camera so it's my problem.

Jimmy W

May 1, 2006
north georgia, USA
I also think that something is probably wrong with the camera. I have a Canon A630 that I got last summer. I took quite a few photos with the batteries that came with it and they were still working when I replaced them with some Energizer NiMH rechargables. Contact Canon about it.

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Thanks Jimmy
Since I've owned this camera I've bought I guess thirty batteries at may places. when everyone started talking about rechargeables I was thinking that I should get those, now I think your suggestion of contacting Canon about this problem is in order.
Again thanks guys
Paul