Don't know why people look at me funny | SouthernPaddler.com

Don't know why people look at me funny

Too Busy

Apr 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
I get the funniest looks from people when I'm totin my yak. I just don't get it.
:?

kayak001.jpg

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Never mind your hat - or your fine boat mate, Speak to me about your car!!. :shock: 8)

Oooh, I can feel another mid-life crisis coming on here :D man, I so want one of those.

Do they come in red?

Too Busy

Apr 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
I love the Miata. It's the latest in my string of convertibles. Smehow Mazda managed to build the "B" series in a way the MG never could.
1. It starts every time....even when it's raining
2. The lights work, it doesn't blow fuses, and no Lucas electrical gremlins
3. It has air conditioning.....that works
4. It has heat....that works
5. IT DOESN'T LEAK

As an homage to MG though the windshield wipers move ever so slowly.

Yep, you can get 'em in red.

Some of the other cars are on my photobucket page.

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p152/Tommy_Samuels/brit cars/

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
LUCAS--As in Lucifer... The starter would not start and the generator did not generate on my '59 Hillman... except cuss words.

Neat boat and neat wheels. They stare because they are jealous.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Checked out the pictures .....No Triumph TR-3's , those were something. :D A buddy of mine had a 57 Vett that loved the gas , 4 deuces on the block helped with that desire. About 6 mpg taking it easy on the gas peddle but it would scramble. :shock:

Chuck.
I had a 57 Golden Hawk back then , wanted an Avanti but they cost way to much.

dangermouse01

Sep 8, 2006
Palm Bay, FL (East coast)
People on the next block have a mini Cooper, always wanted to stop by and see if they would let me put my 18' kayak on top of it and make it look like it was tied down just to get a picture of it.

DM
mike

Too Busy

Apr 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
I chased a TR-3 a couple of years ago. Not too rusty with a good frame and drivetrain. The guy didn't want to sell it. He had plans to restore it......same old story.
Well he finally lost interest, but didn't call me.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
They stare because your boat is right side up. Carry it upside down so it won't bathtub rain.

They were thinking of your suspension system on hte car, I think.

The MG's in the '50's looked good, but I could run right with them on straight aways and corners in my VW Bug. Later, they added horsepower and round curves to the MG's and I wouldn't try it again.

Nice boat. Day tripper?

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Used ta play cards with some fellas. One had a MG. We made him put a dollar in the pot ever time he went ta tellin' how this didnt work 'er that dont work rite on it. Got ta where he jest threw a dollar in 'n let loose. :wink: