Duck Works Magazine has sunk to a new low!!! | SouthernPaddler.com

Duck Works Magazine has sunk to a new low!!!

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Boy
They have gone to the MAT on this one. Just goes to show how some folks can be corrupted. I thought u told me u got kicked out of school in first grade. :twisted:
Cong Matt

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
OK... From now on we will have to say ... Sir Matt.

He has risen way beyond our pore level in life and for one ....... I'm Happy as Hell , Way to go Matt.

Keep it up.

Chuck.
I love Good News............ See people do care about you when you care about them :D

JEM

Thanks all... I think. :lol:

Duck Works has always seemed like good people. Chuck (of Ducks Works) and I got talking about making rudders and we came up with the new canoe gudgeon they have for sale. Chuck's a good guy. He'd fit right in with this nut house crew.

Then we got to talking about boat plans and decided to work together. He'll sell some row boat plans I'm working on then we'll take it from there.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Matt,

Now if ya git the profit motive, it will be Eazy Street frum now on. :mrgreen:

regards 'n well done
bearridge

A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie. Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
JEM said:
Thanks all... I think. :lol:

Duck Works has always seemed like good people. Chuck (of Ducks Works) and I got talking about making rudders and we came up with the new canoe gudgeon they have for sale. Chuck's a good guy. He'd fit right in with this nut house crew.

Darn .. I thought I was a good guy and fit in on here , silly me.:lol: :lol: :lol:

"O" You are talking about the other Chuck , the one who listed some of my boats a long time ago right after the Ark ran around and we had to paddle around for a while why we waited for the water to recede.:roll:

Yep.. Chuck at Duck Works is one great guy and is always looking for someone to build a wood boat and then post it on his web site .... Hint , Hint , Hint.

OK , Here is the triple whammy , The designers web site and with Chuck at Duck Works then on here or in what ever order you want to do it. You made it brag about it and let the world know.

If you don't say anything then no one is going to know , they sure aren't going to call you and ask , they don't have the foggiest of what you made much less your phone number.

Chuck at southernpaddler. :wink:

nobucks

If you think that's a new low, I can bring them even lower:

http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/07/out ... /index.htm

Chuck's a great guy and, as has been pointed out, is always happy to publish pics of your boats. A lot of the work I see on here definitely rivals many of the boats featured in the articles. It's a good way to get some free advertising for Matt too, if you guys build his boats, send in the pics to Chuck and tell 'em who drew the plans.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Here we sit, amongst two, great boat guys, Joel and Matt. That's one of the things I have learned to appreciate about the paddling community. Lots of well known folks, lots of anonymous folks, all by the first name and as good friends.

Don't try that in most other sports. Other sports tend to be competitive, paddling tends to be cooperative. Maybe that stems from the prerequisite that, we don't want to paddle with someone we don't trust.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Congratulations Joel and Matt!! it is about time you guys started getting some of the recognition you so rightfully deserve. bloody Well Done!

Ahh, so many beautiful boats to build and only one lifetime to do it in. :D

shawnkfl

Feb 15, 2009
Largo, Florida
!@$%%#% matt! i have the trapper canoe plans coming, the sabolo plans coming, then you post up free laker 13 plans!?!...now i've got to build THREE boats!