East Texas pirogue fiberglassed | SouthernPaddler.com

East Texas pirogue fiberglassed

papachoochoo

Jul 30, 2007
Tyler, Texas
This Sunday I had some help so we fiberglassed the inside of the pirogue. We used old credit cards to spread the epoxy, worked great, even thought of sealing my old drivers licence in the epoxy for identification.
fiberglassing%20inside.jpg

The East Texas cedar looks pretty good, don't ya think?
fiberglass%20inside%202.jpg

I fiberglassed the out side last Wednesday, won't be long now.
"knock him out john"

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
papachoochoo said:
The East Texas cedar looks pretty good, don't ya think?
Indeed it does. Indeed it does. Ole Jerry Clower hasnt crossed my mind in years.....'er hiz cousin Marcel. :wink:

regards
bearridge

If there be a principle that ought not to be questioned within the United States, it is that every man has a right to abolish an old government and establish a new one. This principle is not only recorded in every public archive, written in every American heart, and sealed with the blood of a host of American martyrs, but is the only lawful tenure by which the United States hold their existence as a nation.  James Madison

Reactions: FrankAS

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
p

Hate ta be the one ta break it to ya Mr. Bearridge but,.

If memory serves, and thats a BIG but, Mr Jerry C was from just south of McComb, Ms. me thinks. Not East Tx.

Now. Marcel may have been from Tx. Don't know about him.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Baldy,

It wuz the "knock him out John" that made me think of Jerry. However, I figgered he wuz reared round Yazoo City, but yer rite, he hailed frum Liberty. One very funny fella.

regards
bearridge

You can grow as much corn on a crooked row as on a straight one. Marcel Ledbetter

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The cedar is going to make one good looking pirogue , it will turn heads where ever you take it.
Get ready to answer a lot of questions when you have her out of the shop , no matter where you are folks are going to look , walk over and run there hands down one side and just stare at it. For some reason when a person looks at it they just have to touch it ,Then the questions start.

When I had mine on the Jeep going and returning from South Carolinas Edisto River every where I stopped someone was there looking at it and asking questions.
Something that does not happen with a plastic or Tupperware boat.

Chuck.
PS. Something else to keep in mind , folks on the road honking at you are not complaining about your driving when it is on the top of your vehicle.

ObionRiverRat

Aug 9, 2007
Obion TN
They will be starin at that like a calf lookin at a new gate.

Shoot up here amongust us, one of is gonna have to have some relief....haha got that one on my computer if anyone wants me to email it to em holler