Easy and tasty way to stay Hydrated....Gator Aid. | SouthernPaddler.com

Easy and tasty way to stay Hydrated....Gator Aid.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
You are going camping and are trying to keep the weight down while you are doing it and stay hydrated. NO..NOT ...your weight , silly :roll: the weight you will have packed for the trip in your pack.

Here is something that might help you if you like Gator Aid without having to take the premixed Gator Aid in the individual bottles.

Stop by one of your local grocery stores and get one of the large cans of the dehydrated Gator Aid. I like the orange flavored one but that is just me. :lol:

Now stop by your local , friendly , pharmacist and pick up some of the 30 day pill containers. One for each day you will be out there. They will charge you for them , small fee for something that gets rid of your thirst.

Take the large container of the dehydrated Gator Aid and put one scoop of it in each pill container, seal the container by attaching it's top to it , they are waterproof. One scoop will make 32 ounces of the drink. All you need now is a Nalgene Bottle (32 oz) and a water purifier.

When the Nalgene bottle runs dry from you drinking it , providing you filled it before leaving home ,:p take a pill container and dump the dehydrated Gator Aid in the bottle , put the pill container away for safe keeping , fill the Nalgene Bottle with water and you are set.

One large container of the dehydrated Gator Aid will make 6 gallons and when you compare the price to the already mixed Gator Aid , there is one large savings , just like the savings in the weight you would have by doing it this way. Plus the Gator Aid replaces a lot of the vital chemicals for good health that you have lost during the day in perspiration.
Besides it tastes darn good.:wink:

I know there will be some old timers on here who will beat there gray hairy chest and tell us ... I take salt pills. Guess what , I did in the past also, I had a rotary phone , a black an white TV set , a car that ran on leaded gas , a wood burning range , kerosene lamps , hitching posts , unpolluted waters to fish in. Times change an in that process some things improved , one of them was the invention of Gator Aid.

It sure is a lot tastier then the salt tabs , which required drinking a lot of water , now days we have all of it together in one tasty mix plus there are other ingredients your body needs , besides the salt to pick you up. Might call it a package deal.

The only hydration you can get that is better is with a needle in your arm while you lay in a bed , it is called an electrolyte which Gator Aid is without having the needle in your arm.

Chuck.

islandpiper

Ya, Chuck, sometimes you hit the nail on the head and get one right......no grease in Gator-Aid.

I learned about Gator-Aid the hard way. I used to play weddings back to back and get totally dehydrated. After getting so weak I couldn't get out fo the uniform at the end of the day several times someone (smarter than me.....I think it was my kid) said, drink Gator Aid. I now down a quart before ANY performance......it works.

piper