Econ River -- January 2004 | SouthernPaddler.com

Econ River -- January 2004

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Jack, where is the Ridge Rest at? Sounds intersting. Do you use sticks to put in a back for it?
I have been looking at the pads used for under a sleeping bag and such. There is a huge amount of products... anyone have a more narrower list? Pros and cons?

swampy

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Swampy

The Ridge Rest is a camping mattress made by Therm-a-rest and the same darn thing I use in the hammock at night sleeping ..... Naturally mine is a lot smaller then the one Jack has for shore lunches. Some of us are a lot more conservative on what we take camping, or require less space.
Now I know why Jack needs two boats to take everything ...besides listing to that Cliffey guy.

http://campmor.com item # 41088-f ......3/4 length for mine and 41102-f for the full size that Jack likes.
Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
RidgeRest

Swampus,

Cascade Designs makes the Ridgerest. (I think Chuck is right here; I think Cascade Designs owns Therma-Rest.) It's a closed cell, black, foam pad. Mine are 20" X 48" X 3/8".

I'll tape two of them side by side for the hammock, & trip off corners in the shoulder area a bit, and if necessary not tape them together near the foot so the hammock slit is no covered. These go into the boat during the day for sitting/ kneeling/ lunch stop.

aub77

Nov 15, 2003
Birmingham, Alabama
For those of us who need reading glasses (The really small print in Chuck's message):

Now I know why Jack needs two boats to take everything ...besides listing to that Cliffey guy.

kc4zvw

Oct 26, 2003
Chuluota, Florida
www.billsbrough.org
folding chair

Here is the little chair and I mean small. I'll have to take another picture of it
folded up in the storage bag.

stool-3leg.jpg

regards,

David

kc4zvw

Oct 26, 2003
Chuluota, Florida
www.billsbrough.org
Swampy said:
What an assortment of boats! Very neat looking.
david could you tell us about the different ones on that trip?
Each one seemed to have a special feature on them.
swampy

I seem to recall that the boats were as different as the people that paddled
them. This is just the third event that I have attended. I'm still a novice
but have done a good job of keeping dry so far. :wink:

regards,

David