Edisto River Nov 2007 | SouthernPaddler.com

Edisto River Nov 2007

buckisland1950

Aug 15, 2007
Savannah, GA
This past weekend a group of us met at Colleton State Park just north of Walterboro, South Carolina. The weather was cool but great for sitting around the campfire at night and warm enough for T shirts and long pants paddling on the Edisto during the day. We made two day trips and rounded up the nights with good eats at Dukes BBQ and a pot luck supper in the camp.

This is the put in at a public ramp across from the State Park
IMG_2903.jpg

Headed dowriver with my trusty companion

IMG_2917_1.jpg

Lunch break we cooked hotdogs over an open fire on the river bank.

IMG_2908.jpg

Braxton with a PFD. Pink Flotation Device.

IMG_2912_1.jpg

Redneck Heaven along the riverbank

IMG_2930.jpg

Break along the river.

IMG_2939.jpg

Downriver with Steeler's No.1 Dog Fan.

IMG_2935_1.jpg

We paddled 9 miles on Saturday and then only 6 miles on Sunday. The putins limit us to either long trip 14+ miles or shorter trip and with the cool mornings and being laid back we opted to do short paddles. The water was real low but flowing nicely. We had no portages and made good time with limited paddling. Great River, great weather and great friends.....

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Looks a real nice trip Franke! Felt like I was there since Chuck and I did that trip once. I'm stuck in TN this week. Would have liked to be on that river with your fine group. Glad the Steelers dog wore his cape....it brought another victory. The weather looked perfect!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Oldyaker , Swampy and myself made the trip back in Apr 2006 ( page #3 trips section) while David stopped by and camped overnight , he had to work the following day.
Archie also stopped by for a day visit while we were there.

Swampy and Oldyaker paddling out of the Green Pond Church Landing.
edisto%20016.jpg

We strayed at the park and used the outfitter , across the river from the park , the one by the public ramp.
Scott at the Carolina Heritage Outfitters took us up to the Green Pond Church Landing and after hitting the water we did the 8.6 miles , downstream , run back to his place and the park.

Chuck.

buckisland1950

Aug 15, 2007
Savannah, GA
Green Pond Landing

We like to use this landing but there was no water up in the creeks. Simmon's landing is down river a few miles and very nice but it does cost $3 a boat. Look for a very Purple house on the right side of highway 61 a few miles west of I 95. The landing is behind the house with good parking.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
G'day Frankie,

great report and piccies again mate. - thank you :D

In the first piccie, is that a big wood boat? in the background If so, any information you would like to share would be very much appreciated. :D

Oh yeah, we used to have a fine little attack silky terrier a few years ago. great dogs :D fearless little buggers aren't they :D :D

buckisland1950

Aug 15, 2007
Savannah, GA
G'day to you Mick

Sorry to get you excited, the boat is a kevlar Solo Plus by Wenonah. :cry:

I like to describe Gator Dog as a miniature, long hair Pit Bull. He's a small dog with a large attitude. He always harrasses the Great Dane that comes by most afternoons. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words.........