"Emperor Obama" | SouthernPaddler.com

"Emperor Obama"

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
If you're not sure what "big government" implies, take a look at this . . ..

But you have already read about this in your local newspaper ...

Oh no, you didn't? OK then, you saw it on CNN... No?... INTERESTING!!!

You and I may never see health care again the way it used to be, but "Emperor Obama"

took six (6) doctors with him for a 3 day visit to London - along with 494 other essential staff.

You just gotta love this spread-the-wealth, hopey-changey thing ....

He had 200 Secret Service personnel , 35 vehicles , three helicopters , 4 writers , 12 teleprompters the white house chef and kitchen staff plus all of his food and water.

I got this from an article that Dale McFathers did for Scrips Howard News Service about the G-20 summit in London.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I guess it runs in the family...... I thought she was the one that said folks need to vacation at the Gulf of Mexico to help the economy. Guess all they offer are Motel 6 for vacationers there.
For some reason the saying ..... " Let them eat cake " comes to mind.

Chuck
********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Washington/Madrid - US First Lady Michelle Obama and one of her two daughters will take a summer break in Spain, a White House source said Monday.

Mother and daughter would come to the southern holiday resort of Marbella on a "private visit in the company of old friends," the source told the German Press Agency dpa.

US President Barack Obama will not accompany his wife, the source said.

Spanish media reports said Michelle Obama and her younger daughter Sasha, 9, would be on Spain's Costa del Sol between August 4 and 8.

There had been speculation that Barack Obama might also come to Spain to celebrate his 49th birthday on August 4.

Michelle Obama has reserved about 30 rooms for herself and her daughter, their friends and bodyguards at a five-star hotel in Benahavis near Marbella, hotel sources said.

The US first lady did not make any special requests, hotel owner Ricardo Arranz said, explaining that the hotel would function normally during her stay.

Earlier on Monday, sources at the Zarzuela royal palace declined to say whether King Juan Carlos would meet Michelle Obama, stressing that there was no official confirmation of the first lady's visit to Spain.

Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero's government had been disappointed in its hopes of hosting Barack Obama when the US president cancelled his participation in a European Union-US summit that had been scheduled during the Spanish EU presidency in the first half of 2010. The summit was subsequently called off.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Received this email about the trip.......( Was going to put it in the trip reports but there are no pictures so I posted it here) as a follow up.

Thanks so much.....

For only the second time in my adult life, I am not ashamed of my country.

I want to thank the hard working American people for paying $242 thousand dollars plus additional expenses for my vacation in Spain.
My daughter Sasha, several long-time family friends, my personal staff and various guests had a wonderful time. Honestly, you just haven't lived until you have stayed in a $2,500.00 per night suite at a 5-Star luxury hotel. We only booked 70 rooms for our friends, staff and family.
Thank you also for the use of Air Force 2 and the 70 Secret Service personnel who tagged along to be sure we were safe and cared for at all times.

Air Force 2 only used 47,500 gallons of jet fuel for this trip and carbon emissions were a mere 1,031 tons of CO2. It costs only $11,500 per hour to operate Air Force 2 and each additional plane for the other members of our party group. These are only rough estimates, but they are close (who's counting?).
That's quite a carbon footprint as my good friend Al Gore would say, so we must ask the American citizens to drive smaller, more fuel efficient cars and drive less too, so we can lessen our combined carbon footprint.

I know times are hard and millions of you are struggling to put food on the table and trying to make ends meet. I do appreciate your sacrifice and do hope you find work soon.

I was really exhausted after Barack took our family on a luxury vacation in Maine a few weeks ago. I just had to get away for a few days. Will write more from Martha's Vineyard where we will spend our sixth vacation this year with more of our family and friends.

Cordially,
M. Obama

These people are about to step on my very last nerve. The country is going to hell and Nero fiddles..

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
islandpiper said:
Chuck, let's keep the fiddle out of this, OK? It's hard enough to make a living in the shop now. thanks, piper 8)

Piper....
You are missing the golden opportunity or the opportunity of a life time.

DARN.... Send a email to the white house and tell them you are willing to donate a Fiddle to his Lord Ship to use for fiddling around with while this nation falls apart. Just make sure he tells everyone where the fiddle came from...... :D

You would be setting up franchises all over like Kentucky Fried Chicken has done for there chicken but in your case to keep up with the demand for your fiddles. You might even be able to make that a world wide franchise. Heck with a little luck you could make the Stradivarius into something no one would want because they would want one of yours to replace that old , non replaceable , Stradivarius fiddle.

The possibilities are endless and mind boggling.