Everglades , 10,000 Islands , Jan 2011 | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Everglades , 10,000 Islands , Jan 2011

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
A woman came into my shop Tue. wanting to pawn a pair of cowboy boots. ?They were made out of Cobra skin. The hood was the uppers with the head of each snake (one snake per boot) sticking out of the top of the boot just behing the toe. She was wanting to get rich off them so she left the store with the boots.
Bob

caddepa

Aug 27, 2003
New Jersey
I just ended a 3 month cruising trip in the Florida Gulf waters. During the entire time it only rained twice; Jan 17th when Chuck arrived and Jan 21st when he left, with lots of heavy fog between those dates - not one drop of rain there-after! Coincidence????
That being said, perhaps he should return because the area is now under severe drought conditions. They have even closed Lake Okeechobee to through boat traffic.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Your trip sounds good. Do you have any other details, visits, etc. to tell us about?

(What was the name of the character in Li'l Abner who was followed by the rain cloud? He was better looking than Chuck, but pretty close.)

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
John posted that from the Port of Islands and should be on his way home at this time.
He stayed in that area overnight ( after getting off the water ) so he could go down to the Captains Table for the all you can eat shrimp before leaving. I can't blame him for that , Dam , I wish I could of been there that salad bar and those shrimp ( especially those shrimp ) they are out of this world , just like candy.
After the last visit there with Mac , Joe , John and myself and all the damage we put on the shrimp and salad bar I'm surprised they let him in there. :lol:

I'm sure when he gets home in a few days and after unpacking and relaxing he will post a trip report on his latest adventures down here. If they are anything like the e-mail I got from him it will be very interesting and amusing. :D