Families, Holidays, and Meals | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Families, Holidays, and Meals

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Jack, after being out in the working world, where you have a "lunch break", I've slowly started using "lunch" to refer to the noon meal. The evening meal is still "supper", though.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Wannabe said:
Oh My Gosh! That was sooo goood. Kracken dark spiced rum and root beer. Mixed it 3 to 1 as per the instructions and it was kinda blaah. Put in a half a part to 3/4 a part more of run and it was good. any more and it would have been a butt knocker. As I mixed it slow sipping was just right for a one drink a night. Drink it fast would probably spin the room for ya. :mrgreen: Man, that was good. Thanks Chuck.
Bob

Instructions are a good place to start and then improve on them. I guess I should of said 1 to 3 and adjust for taste. :roll:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Vodka & tonic,gin & tonic, most any Mexican food, on shrimp oe lobster or any seafood.

A year and a half ago, I was in Baja with an old school buddy, deep sea fishing. First day, 25-35 miles out. No land in sight. On the way back in, an engine quit. In looking things over on the boat, I wasn't at all comfortable going back out to sea in it. That's when the lime factor really kicked in.

Down there, they have TREE RIPENED limes. Much sweeter than the truck ripened ones here in the Midwest. Since tree ripened limes go so well with both vodka & tonic and gin & tonic - we went through lots of limes!