Finally Oldsparkey has a camping trailer..... In the morning | SouthernPaddler.com

Finally Oldsparkey has a camping trailer..... In the morning

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
A while back, just after 07 got here I called a dealer I know about a small camper that I had seen in the past and decided to get one.

As luck would have it will be here in the morning and I have to go over to pick it up. Christmas in February , there is nothing better.

To regress a slight amount ....... Over the last 25 or more years I have been trying to find a small, light weight, with plenty of room, camper to use or get for me. After a lot of looking and I mean a lot of looking , more looking around then you will ever know ... I found it.

Almost 7 feet of head room when it is open, just over 5 feet wide and 10 feet long when set up, it sets up in a minute or two, plenty or windows for ventilation. Plus you are still sleeping under fabric so the rain can do its magic when you sleep, just like in a tent , something I really enjoy , really enjoy. :D

You are up off the ground and have everything in one compact unit that weighs only 255 pounds.
I am thinking the 25 years it has taken me to find this has been worth while, just wish I would have had it for all of my trips out west and into areas of really good interest. I am sure I will find even more areas to have fun in and enjoy life, it is a shame you have to be a Geezer to do it.

I guess all thing do come to you if you just keep looking for them. Lightweight campers and wood boats are the ones I am thinking about plus some good health ....... Nothing else counts.

Now it is not as nice or as beautiful as Scooters Tear Drop Camper. which I would give all of Kayak Jacks wisdom teeth or dentures for , even without his approval. :lol: :roll: :lol:
side2.JPG

For all of the pictures go to Scooters personal page .......and click on it. Either the boat or the road camper section when you get there.
http://www.neilbank.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3226

Or if you are as lucky as Kahuna and have a truck............ I could not get the jpg file and pictures of the tent to transfer over to here..... :twisted:
http://www.neilbank.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3267

Back to the one I got which is closed up for on the road in this picture so I can drag it behind my Jeep Wrangler with the 4 banger engine .....From there web site ( pintsizetrailers.com )
tekch2.jpg

Look out Canada ........ The camper is here , the roof rack is on the Jeep , the boat (freedom) is made and been tested and I will be invading you in September.
Grits Forever an Southerners rule .....sometimes ....:lol:

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Unlike Kayak Jack , on the road I want some comfort and it is nice when it is there , in fact it is something that I look for or forward to .:D Speaking of comfort , nothing is better then some soul satisfying , southern , specialty , spontaneous , speedy , scrumptious , satisfying , stomach , stuffing , filling comfort food..( say that three times really fast after a few drinks of spirited beverages .... just like grits that is from corn also ) ..... Like Grits an if ya got's some Red Eye gravy to go with them , it would make you want to slap the nearest dozen or so Yankees.. :oops:

The grits are in the morning before hitting the road , a person should never eat grits when driving , the experience of that pleasure could cause them to lost there thoughts about driving and drift off into culinary heaven causing them to wreck there vehicle.

Not a good thing , No Sir , Have your grits when parked , don't Grit an drive , No Sir , No Way , not even if a Yankee tells you it OK..... Just don't do it. :evil:

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Took out from here around 10 Saturday and had nice weather all the way up there. Stopped at Silver Springs for a bite to eat and when I left the local chomp an choke it was raining. Backtracked a few miles and made the turn which will take me to the road to the campground. Nice weather

Got to the road into Gores Landing and sure as hell it started raining , on down the road and heavier rain , arriving at the campground , Rain and more Rain.

The little camper can be set up in the rain rather fast. Got everything set and into the camper to stay dry. The rest of the day it would let up a little and then start back in again so there were some breaks for me to get outside. Even was able to get supper cooked , between the spells of heaver rain.

Rained all night and finally stopped this morning just before I was planning on leaving and going into town for breakfast at the Golden Skillet.

Joe ( lazyriverguy) pulled in with his van and a couple with some kayaks from his place so they could paddle down river to his Ocklawaha River Outpost. They were worried about some rain , Joe asked me if I was packing to leave and I said YES. He turned to the couple and told them , No chance of rain on you , Chuck is pulling out. No Respect , absolutely None.:lol:

Joe had to check out the camper so I folded it up while he was there , He had a big grin on his face and said , I bet the wife's little car could pull that ...... Will not surprise me if he ends up with one , one of these days.

As far as the camper , I spent a lot of time in it and it is quite comfortable , about like a 10 foot tent on wheels. Had a nice nights sleep listing to the rain on the roof and the Owls talking to each other. When the Owls were quiet then the Limpkins would let out a screech or several of them.

I did manage to see a couple flocks of Wild Turkeys and two deer. So seeing some wildlife and listing to the Owls at night made it a successful trip in my book.

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
oldsparkey said:
....left the local chomp an choke it was raining.....Got to the road into Gores Landing and sure as hell it started raining........down the road.......heavier rain......arriving at the campground.......Rain and more Rain......set up in the rain rather fast.....let up a little and then start back in again......able to get supper cooked , between the spells of heaver rain.....Rained all night and finally stopped this morning.....
:roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :lol: :roll: :mrgreen:
O Master of Flowbizness,

I read this trip report before. When ya woke up did ya hear Sonny & Cher singin' "I Got You Babe"? :wink:

regards
bearridge

Old minds are like old horses; you must exercise them if you wish to keep them in working order. John Adams

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
That was you in that good looking hard top Jeep , It did look like the one I saw you in last time but they made more then one so I was guessing.

Couldn't tell who the driver was he was smiling to hard ... looked like that Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland , Ya know all smiles. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JEZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeee Everyone knows my jeep , when Joe pulled in to Gores landing to let those folks hit the river , he said he knew that was me before I walked over to harass him. :roll:

Anyway , Nice seeing you again , next time we will have to talk longer , can't say much at 110 mph. :oops: No, not my driving , folks , two vehicles going 55 mph in opposite directions down the highway.

I was thinking I might stand a chance of seen you around the Lake Monroe area when I was going threw there ... but no such luck.

Chuck.
PS.. BEAR.... If I ever went camping and the sun was shinning I would know that something just ain't right and I better get out of there ...DARN FAST. I can truthfully say , I am all wet most of the time but I save a bundle on sun block. :roll:

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
I will say that the little camper( tent on wheels ) is a very interesting peice of gear. I forgot to ask chuck, do you think two canoes are going to be enough to float it down the river. The way I see it if you put two 17 footers under it woth you on the back it should be sea worthy.
Joking aside it did look like a good option for camping. See ya

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
JEM said:
I don't know....is the Chuckster getting soft on us?

Next thing you know, they'll be an outboard strapped to his p-row. :shock:

Nope , Matt , Just getting smart or should I say ............. lazy.:oops:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JEZeeeeeeee Val , you need to keep a better eye on Joe , he is back on the computer again. How many times have I said you need to lock it up so he can't get to it. Honestly , some folks need to work for a living and not just sit back running a Canoe Outpost , http://outpostresort.com/ , paddling , camping and enjoying the good life along the Ocklawaha River.:roll:

Actually I might be able to put it on two pirogues , deck them over and have a house boat.

Joe .... the camper weighs less (255 pounds) then you do when you leave the Golden Skillet ( a privately ran and owned family restaurant ) . Yep they told me about all the groceries you have when you are over there. Normally Joe would only weigh in at about 170 or thereabouts when he is not at the Golden Skillet . :lol: Seriously they do feed you good , to good.
A couple of large (very large eggs) a huge sausage patty (covering 1/4th of the plate) , grits , naturally , and some of the best home made biscuits I have ever had with coffee and all for $5.00. If you get the ham slice ... it is half of the smoked ham or seams like it and that is just at breakfast.

Chuck.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
yep sparky want wana go canoe camping with the rest of u geezers . he,ll say yall go ahead i,m going camper camping. he want need no hennesy no more .

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
:twisted: :twisted:
I found where Val is hidin the puter she thought she had it hid good (( I sneaky I can find it) We here at the Outpost try hard to work but it never seems to fit in to the big scheme. With the river right here soooo close it is just toooooo tempting. But if we were away from it why have an Outpost. I guess it is just my luck I would have a wife that is trusting that when she ain't lookin I still find time to get some things done. Not too much don't want to give the wrong impression.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Right......

Doing the shuttle work ( two times a day) loading and unloading the boats , keep the grounds picked up and neat looking , taking care of the cabins , the campground , the area for the RV's , the Recreation Hall and the Restrooms.
Booking resverations , checking folks in and out , cleaning the boats and just when it is all done for the day. While this group of geezers were cooking some steaks over the campfire and enjoying an drink. You and your wife were picking up the boats at the landing and moving them up to the storage area.

Then if someone is overdo and not back , launching your boat and going up the river looking for them.

Not even thinking about the cookouts you do on the holidays for your guests. Darn I got tired just typing all this and thinking about it.

Yep .... You have the life of leisure :roll: but it has to be one that is a lot of fun , hard work but fun. :D

Chuck.

Waliczek

Jan 31, 2007
Kansas City, Kansas
Well, I just caught up with this thread, and thought I would post these pics of my Rimple, a form of teardrop, that I built in 2005. I use it a lot because I fish alone, and hate sleeping in the dirt and the mess of a tent. I got on the forum for tear drops, and like this good group, assited me in building this trailer. After several years of bank fishing, I found this group, and am now about 90% finish with my pirogue.
I am the old dude with the white and green Rimple.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wa1iczek/ ... /my_photos

These photos were taken at Clinton Lake in Kansas with like minded campers. It took me about 4months of weekends to finish my camper.
enjoy,
Tom

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Waliczek said:
I fish alone, and hate sleeping in the dirt and the mess of a tent.
Friend Tom,

Walk on yer knees ta Little Rock, say "hail Marie" 500 times 'n send me $35 USD. Dirt iz good sleepin'. Injuns lived in tents.

I liked yer tear drop. The High Sheriff set out ta make a "Chuckwagon", but he give up 'n bought a plastic motorcikle trailer.

regards
bearridge

They lived in a typical suburban neighborhood with picket fences that resembled Nancy Kerrigan's teeth. unknown high school student

Waliczek

Jan 31, 2007
Kansas City, Kansas
I certainly meant no disrepect to my indian friends, I have a few. The 500 "Hail Marie's) Are no big problem, however the $35.00 presents a problem. I am a little light right now, So, I figure I would rather owe it to you then beat you out of it.
Tom

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Well, jest put a quarter in the pot. If ya aim ta bitch some more, put in 50 cents. :wink:

regards
bearridge

Of all the industrialized nations, we are by far the stingiest in sharing our wealth with others. Jimmy Carter