finished at last, and it floats... | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

finished at last, and it floats...

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Re the anchor,

a five dollar, five pound,9 of close) plastic coated dumbell works a treat in a canoe or kayak. The plastic won"t mark your bright work and there is enough weight to hold you in most conditions.

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
Hey guy's, I want to rig up mine with some anchors as well I noticed the same thing about getting blown around. I'm guessing some cam cleats would do the trick? Is ther more info I can obtain on here or elsewhere?
How big a line etc? Thanks in advance

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
hairymick said:
a plastic coated dumbell works a treat in a canoe or kayak.
Tried that. Chuckie said hte hot plastic burnt his buns.

I used 1/8" parachute shroud line because I had it. 1/4" nylon - tight weave, not the loose crap - works nicely. A light colored line compares well with a dark magic marker.

Don't forget to subtract distance for the anchor assembly.

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
Thanks Jack

Bye the way Areo I still can't get over that picture of your boat filled with water. It looks so odd yet cool at the same time. I wondered about mine going to the famous locker under the sea if it filled also but the geezers had to remind my dumb arse that wood floats. :roll:

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
oldsparkey said:
Pisssssss't .. Over here by the cypress tree .. Yea .. that's right over here.

You ... Do Know that the idea is to keep the water on the outside of the boat unless you paddle like a few of the folks on here that think there boat is a submarine. :lol:

Chuck.
Hey! it was only twice two days apart. :oops: :oops:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
BEARS BUDDY said:
... Hey! it was only twice two days apart. :oops: :oops:
And Bear's Buddy capsizes with such swave and deboner, that it is a klass act to watch. We all applauded - then scurried like hell to gather up all the debris washing downstream.

He came up with that now famous $h!t eatin' grin on his ugly puss.