Finished My Boat Pistol | SouthernPaddler.com

Finished My Boat Pistol

wilded

Aug 28, 2003
Round Rock, Texas
Here is my 1377 converted to a 1322 with longer .22 caliber pellet barrel, better pumper grip along with black pistol grips. I put a red/green holographic sight on it also for my older eyes. :mrgreen:

IMG_2093.jpg

wilded

Aug 28, 2003
Round Rock, Texas
I got the steel breech, bolt, grips,barrel and barrel pumping band from Crosman. I ordered the mount and holographic sight off ebay. The parts are from the old 2289 pellet carbine or rat shooter parts list. The breech and bolt are the 2240 steel breech kit in .22. I will be happy to point you in the right direction for parts numbers if anyone wants to convert their 1377 to .22. :)

wilded

Aug 28, 2003
Round Rock, Texas
Tom @ Buzzard Bluff said:
Altho the 1322 barrel is NLA the 24" .22 cal. barrel from the 2260 rifle is readily bought from Crosman----enough for 2 10.25" barrels with a bit left over.
Yes but if you do not want to mill the end or drill the holes just buy a 2289 barrel and install. You could cut it shorter and just crown. Either way you can make your own 1322. ET

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Aug 25, 2003
Ozarks of N. Central Arkansas
wilded said:
Yes but if you do not want to mill the end or drill the holes just buy a 2289 barrel and install. You could cut it shorter and just crown. Either way you can make your own 1322. ET

True----but a 16"-18" barrel is more efficient. 16" for an otherwise stock gun and 18" for a modded valve. For a .177 carbine I like the full 24" 1760 barrel with internal mods to boost horsepower. Max efficiency results from matching barrel length to valve output.
FWIW---I was instrumental in popularizing the conversion of Crosman pistols to carbines and pioneered many of the basic mods still used so I'm not talking out of my hat. Tom

wilded

Aug 28, 2003
Round Rock, Texas
No doubt you are correct, Tom, but then it would not be a pistol it would be a carbine. The longer barrel would be much more efficent with more velocity if you need it.

rhutchinson

Jan 18, 2008
Middle Tn.
wilded I've got a question on your boat gun. What did you have in mind for a holster/scabbard? Will it be on your person or on your boat?( ok, two questions :) )

Thanks
Richard