1. The forums software has been upgraded and we are still sorting out its quirks.
    Please relay any problems you encounter. Thanks for your patience!
    Dismiss Notice

First fish'n day this year...

Discussion in 'True Stories, Tall Tales & B.S' started by oldyaker, Apr 1, 2010.

1. oldyaker

oldyaker Well-Known Member

Wow! What a nice day today after that winter! Around 70 degrees and clear. Grabbed my pole, bucket and lil' flask to drown some worms on the bank for a couple hours.
    Well..... after a while, I ran out of worms. Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth, and frogs are good bass bait.
    Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth, I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog and put it in my bait bucket.
    Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bitten - I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its
    mouth. His eyes rolled back, he went limp! I released him into the lake without incident and carried on with my fishing, using the frog as bait.
    A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot.. There was that damn snake with two frogs in his mouth! :wink:

2. leeh

leeh Well-Known Member

:lol:

3. Kayak Jack

Kayak Jack Well-Known Member

Yakus Remusicus, I know you're just joshing us. You didn't have whiskey in your flask - you had Dago red!

4. catfish

catfish Well-Known Member

yak we supposed to believe you caught that snake right yea. :wink: you might caught him like i would with one them good ole boat paddles. :lol: its probally more like the snake bout caught you. :lol:

yak i,m glad to hear you survied the winter . is winter over for you guys yet its spring here i hope?

5. oldyaker

oldyaker Well-Known Member

Nice here Catfish...... sunny 70 degree days and cool nights. Lots of outside jobs though. :(