Fisheating Creek | SouthernPaddler.com

Fisheating Creek

clwpaddler

Dec 25, 2003
Attempted to paddle Fisheating Creek from SR 731 to the campground just before you get to the SR 27 bridge. After 4 miles of water lettuce blowups, downded trees and encroaching Devils weed, we turned around :cry: and paddled back to the put in. Until a good high water event occurs, it is best to launch at the down stream park and paddle as far as you wish up stream.

Woody

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Woody

It is nice to see a post about Fisheating creek .. Always have wanted to paddle it. Look at it every time going down to the glades for some snook fishing and have sworn that I will paddle it one of theses days. Fisheating creek sure looks like some good fresh water fishing. :D
Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I have thought about that campground at 27 up from and across from the cypress knee museum and the creek a lot. Besides there is a good restaurant just back up the road at Sebring , have to stop there on every trip down to the Glades to refuel myself and take a break. Unless I go on down to Clewston and hit the family restaurant that the two sisters have.

I knew I should have had something for lunch today .. Here I am thinking about food but after what the dentist did today......... I will hold off till supper. :(
Chuck.

clwpaddler

Dec 25, 2003
Fishing Fisheating

While I was pickin my way down river I had time to toss a fly here and ther and each time was rewarded with a fat bream. I think a trip up stream from the old Lykes Bros. park would be a good way to introduce the fishies to the buggies!!! :twisted: