1. The forums software has been upgraded and we are still sorting out its quirks.
    Please relay any problems you encounter. Thanks for your patience!
    Dismiss Notice

fishing trip

Discussion in 'Fishing and other lies' started by catfish, Oct 21, 2014.

1. catfish

catfish Well-Known Member

since wife aint on the hunting as much as I she been wanting to go fishing so with two deer already in the bag I bought some minnows and the way we went. we caught 15 specs, 2 jack fish,3 woremouth and 1 bass. she is frying them up now as I write this. gona have some greetsssss , tomatoes man cant wait .

2. Wannabe

Wannabe Well-Known Member

Sounds like Mr. Catfish is eating High on the Hog. Ya'll had a fun day.
    Bob

3. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

You and the wife are eating darn good thanks to all your outdoor activities. :D

4. catfish

yea we had the grands over yesterday and the oldest ate two plates of grits and tomatoes. she also gave the fish trouble also. :D we ate everyone the wife cooked.

does any one else eat the jack fish? I know up north I guess there just over grown jacks ( pikes).

5. Kayak Jack

Kayak Jack Well-Known Member

Are you talkin northern pike? Long, slender fish, teeth like a barracuda?
    If so, some folks do, most don't eat them.

6. catfish

yep jack that be the ones I'm talking about . I think some people call them muskies too ?

7. Kayak Jack

Kayak Jack Well-Known Member

Muskelunge, or muskie, is a different fish. Muskies can grow to 6' or more. Northerns not as large, but ferocious. Both are fighters to catch, neither is excellent eating.

8. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

Same here in Florida , Freshwater Jacks are like the northern Muskie but a lot smaller with lots of teeth but definitely not a muskie'
    Also called the Chain Pickerel.
    [​IMG]

Salt water Jacks are the Jack Crevalle which is a hard fighting fish and nothing like the fresh water Jack.
    [​IMG]

9. Wannabe

Wannabe Well-Known Member

I used to have a friend who was fond of sayng "one Jack fish, one fishing trip".
    Bob