Florida Vacation | SouthernPaddler.com

Florida Vacation

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
A couple from Minneapolis decided to go to Florida for a long weekend to thaw out from one particular icy winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years before.

Because they both had jobs, they found it difficult to coordinate their travel schedules. So it was decided that the husband would fly to Florida on Thursday, and the wife would follow the next day. Upon arriving as planned, the husband checked into the hotel. In his room, there was a computer, so he decided to send his wife an e-mail back in Minneapolis.
However, he accidently left out one letter in her address and sent the e-mail without realizing his error.

Meanwhile, in Houston, a widow had just returned from her husbands funeral. The dearly departed was an elderly minister who had just been called to glory. The 'ol widow was checking her e-mail, expecting sympathy messages from relatives and friends. Upon reading the first message, she fainted and fell to the floor. The widow's son rushed into the room and found his mother on the floor and saw the computer screen which read:

>To my loving wife.
>Subject: I've arrived!
>You're probably surprised to hear from me.
>They have computers here now and you are allowed to send e-mails to >your loved ones.
>I've just arrived and checked in. I see that everything has been >arranged for your arrival tommorrow! Looking forward to seeing you >than! Hope your journey is uneventful as mine was.
>PS. Sure is hot down here!!!
>

Oldtimer

Jan 21, 2004
Mis'sipy Delta--Temporarily
The Hotel Bill

Well, long as we're on hotel jokes...... This kinda explains why I had a big ol' camper but kept hangin' on to my old tent. Glad I still got that tent! :D

The Hotel Bill

A husband and wife are traveling by car from Key West to Boston. After almost twenty-four hours on the road, they're too tired to continue so they decide to stop for a rest. They stop at a nice hotel and take a room but they only plan to sleep for four hours and then get back on the road.

When they check out four hours later, the desk clerk hands them a bill for $350. The man explodes and demands to know why the charge is so high. He tells the clerk although it's a nice hotel, the rooms certainly aren't worth $350. When the clerk tells him $350 is the standard rate, the man insists on speaking to the manager.

The manager listens to the man and then explains the hotel has an Olympic-sized pool and a huge conference center that were available for the husband and wife to use. He also explains they could have taken in one of the shows for which the hotel is famous. "The best entertainers from New York, Hollywood, and Las Vegas perform here," explains the manager.

No matter what facility the manager mentions the man replies, "But we didn't use it!"

The manager is unmoved and eventually the man gives up and agrees to pay. He writes a check and gives it to the manager. The manager is surprised when he looks at the check. "But sir," he says, "this check is only made out for $100."

"That's right," says the man. "I charged you $250 for sleeping with my wife."

"But I didn't!" exclaims the manager.

"Well," the man replies, "she was here and you could have." :lol: :lol:

Oldtimer