Flu Shots..... | SouthernPaddler.com

Flu Shots.....

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
About 40+ years ago in a land far away, The medics in this mans Army made us get a flu shot. I got real sick and had to go to the field hospital for medicine to make me feel better again. I swore off flu shots forever.
A couple weeks ago I went to my Docs for my usual checkup under the hood. He insisted I get a flu shot because of my age. High risk of death if I get the flu because of age. I told him flu shots don't agree with me and gave him the story. He said the shots are alot better now and no real bad side affects. So I relented. That night I had some minor bone ache and a slight fever. Next day it was gone....I said great, I got away with it. Than that night same thing with body aches and light fever.
We this went on and on and here I am two weeks later and really sick at home with all the flu symptoms...body ache, slight fever, congestion, headache, coughing etc.
It feels like I'm on the back side of the worst of it but NEVER WILL I GET A FLU SHOT AGAIN! I'll take my chances with the flu! :cry:

I felt good until I went to the Doctors...... :roll:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I concur, for all the same reasons.

I take a helluva lot of vitamins, and stay pretty well. It's better to prevent than to try to cure.

(The vitamins also helped me be the most handsome member on here. They help me to be humble too.)

NOTE: Two of the three above paragraphs are serious. One isn't.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Oldyaker....

I NEVER get one of those shots , no matter what they tell me. We gave them to the guys in the service and they always had some reaction to them.
Never have had one that did not make me sicker then the real thing , I roll the dice and so far ( Knock on wood , OUCH I hit my head to hard ) have not had the flu or anything.

Chuck.
Remember Doctors make there money from sick folks ... not healthy ones. :roll:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Hospitals are full of sick folks. If you go there sick, you get well only to a certain degree - not fully. If you go in there well, you'll sink to that partial level of wellness.

Hospitals get you part way there. To get fully well, you have to get OUT of the hospital. Interestingly enough, every doctor I've told that observation to agrees. None disagreed.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
My brother only had one. I never signed up fer one. He offered me a free one last week. I turnt him down. Miz Bear wont take one. We wash our hands a lot.....more in the flu season. Ever time we go out 'n put our hands on doors 'n such.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
I wash my hands and carry a squirt bottle of hand sanitizer which I use about once an hour..........I got sick from the flu shot and nothing will change my mind about it. I'm sorry I listened to that guy. I now know why Dr,'s offices are called practices! :roll: I shoulda went to a witch doctor instead.

Sitt'n here sick as dog and madder N' a hornet Yak..... :x

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
May 10,000,000 sand gnats from the shores of the St. Mary's infest your hairy regions Chuckles! :?

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker said:
May 10,000,000 sand gnats from the shores of the St. Mary's infest your hairy regions Chuckles! :?

I see you are feeling a lot better , usually any wish you make like that is a lot worse. You are really mellowing out in your old age. Heck that would be relaxing like standing on the beach at Outhouse key in the breeze. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuckles

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
i had the same experience as the yaker

had two flu shots and both years got the flu - or pretty bad flu-like symptoms

doc says that's impossible, i didn't argue, just quit getting the shot

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
oldyaker said:
He ain't got but one of those regions any more. He's in deep doo doo now.

Jack ...

I will have to disagree with you , this is one time Oldyaker is not full of it. :oops: "O"ooop's.... I just realised what you ment by him being deep in the doo doo now.
"O" well at lease he is not full of it ... Right Now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have been trying to remember that one song .... By the Outhouse Five..
Part of it went like this .....

His eyes were brown
Till he got the flu
As his weight went down.
Then they turned blue. :lol:

( I forget the rest of it )
Chuckles.

Paddlin'Gator

Feb 2, 2008
Tequesta, FL
I haven't had a flu shot since I was in the service, either. Just in the last few weeks I have been thinking perhaps I should get one, but this thread has given me all the excuses necessary to to say "Hell no!" :lol:

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
DON"T DO IT P-GATOR!!! :shock:

Roses are red...
Violets are blue..
I hope Chuckles a%^hole grows shut!

Can't remember who wrote that one either? :roll:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker said:
DON"T DO IT P-GATOR!!! :shock:

Roses are red...
Violets are blue..
I hope Chuckles a%^hole grows shut!

Can't remember who wrote that one either? :roll:

OK.... I was not going to say this but ... YOU ASKED FOR IT. This is WAR...... :evil:

Forget those Georgia White Shrimp and get some of the nice , fuzzy , soft , juicy , Georgia peaches and only eat the skins off them. "O" you know how good they are.

Folks ... He is allergic to them. :D :lol: :p

Chuck.
Note to self .. Self , next time yak camps with me ... do not let him know where my hammock is set up. Better yet a motel room with double locks on the door.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
It's simple, Chuck. I just drizzle honey onto Jimmie's hammock. If the bears don't get him, the ants do. Either way, I learn some new vocabulary.

I did lose $5 on him in Canada, though. I thought sure he would clear that boulder. But, Charlie was right - he got hung up on it and fell in the water.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Finding Chuckles hammock.....Hmmmmm...now how hard can that be...following snores and farts! Target rich I would say.

Jack...the 5 bucks you lost......Charlie gave me half of it! He wanted to wager you a 20 but figgured ya might be too cheap.....something about you and Jack Benny being cousins.:wink:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Gator, you have to see Charlie and Yakus Detrimenticus in camp. Even Dapper Al couldn't keep'em in line. They were feeding peanuts to the red squirrels, who then felt obligated to tear into our food packs for more peanuts.

Get Yaker to tell you about Dapper Al in Wawa.