Food of the Gods? | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Food of the Gods?

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
I just noticed that our friends from Down Under haven't posted.
As it's coming the holiday season is there any American treats we can send you?

Why thank you Sir, :D

I have refrained from posting on this one.

I am not a fussy eater, but I bloody hate tofu!!! :D I am a meat and 5 vegies man, or fish & beer. Mmmm, beer is good. :D

Like Jack says, tofu is a substitute for real food and nothing more. Even my hungry gutted cattle dog won't eat the stuff and she will devour just about averything else. If the Japanese won't eat it, unless they are starving, then it is terrible stuff indeed.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker said:
Ozark said:
Tofu now there one never figured out. I'd like to see the guy they got to taste it after the scientist put it all together. I figger he's from New york city.

OZ....This may come as a shock to you...please sit down. Chuckles eats tofu. :shock: Yes...it's true. :? Br'r bear is also a tofu pusher. Neither one is from NY let alone the North.

I bet ya never knew a Florida Cracker could be a green polo shirt wear'n, latte' sipp'n, gold yuppie jeep driv'n, tofu eat'n kind of guy?

Darn oldyaker , ya totally forgot about those cups of the Moca mint lattes that are self heating for when you are out camping. Heck ya even forgot that Ms.Jean has all of those TVP Meals on her web site for campers who think about staying healthy. Besides that you would be really surprised at some of the stuff you eat today which has soy products (tofu) in them. Don't read the labels on anything you purchase or you will be limited to nothing but those slimy oysters for meals.

A person has to keep an open mind about food today or all they will eat is Mad Cow Steaks , Virus and bacteria filled potatoes with manure grown vegetables. Not the good ones grown with the petroleum and added chemical fertilizers.
The only safe food today is the Vienna's and anything with tofu or TVP . :lol: :lol: :lol: The Vienna's are the best bet since they have a several year shelf life as tofu has a really short shelf life. :p

Chuck.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Actually,

I am very partial to the odd Bud or two or three or twenty :p

but I like our Aussie beer better.

Some of the German and Dutch stuff is very good too

Worst beer in the world is the Brit stuff. mad buggers drink it warm :shock:

Bloody french just don't get it at all :p

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Thanks Jack It's not hard to offer a hand in freindship to a man like Mick. It just happen my hand was holding a beer right then.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Well Mike.....we'll give Twinkies an honorable mention. Since they don't have a mechanically separated chicken in them, and it's not something trying to be something else, like a bean trying to be meat, they can't get first place.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Mkey,

The four basic food groups are:
Fat
Sugar
Preservatives
And whatever the white stuff is in Twinkies

(Word has it that the white stuff is actually lard - with sugar and preservatives. Reducing the basic food groups back to a mere three.)

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
G'day Ozzie,

Mate, thank you very much for your lovely offer but we got Bud over here too. I like it a lot but I grew up on Aussie beer and develloped a taste for it. :D Cost of shipping a case of Bud out here would be prohibitive and our bloody customs mob would probably only drink it anyway.

If I do nothing else in my lifetime, I am coming over your way to meet as many of you guys as I possiby can. (and to have a beer or two in friendship) :D

I was hoping to be able to make it next year but events have overtaken us and we won't be able to make it in 2008. I am aiming for 2009 and hope to be able to spend 5 or 6 weeks there. I am thinking that won't be nearly long enough but it will have to suffice.