Football food.... | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Football food....

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Doing up Oldyakers Jambalaya tonight for supper.

With some modifications... :roll:

Equal amounts of the Holy Trinity , Onions , Celery and Bell Pepper. Then using Olive Oil not veg oil and skipping the bay leaves... It's not like we don't have them around here , lots of them growing out there in the wilds of Florida. Dang I could add a whole tree if needed. :lol:

Plus I was talking with the butcher this morning and told him what I wanted to cook up and he had some really good smokey sausage to use in it , I had to give him the recipe for this along with my lady friend who manages the sea food section. Man , those shrimp's she handed me sure look really good. For some reason I think both of them will be making this really soon. :lol:

Anyway that's what's for supper around here tonight and if we are not here in the morning..... Thank Oldyaker. :wink:

"O" also using the Brown Basmati Rice to replace the two cups of long grain white rice the recipe calls for .... That Brown Basmati is some good rice. As I like to say .... recipes are suggestions , the rest is good taste. 8)

I'm sure that after the wife , myself and pup's has it there will be plenty left overs for lunch tomorrow , after all if feeds 8 folks. Not sure about the amount a pup with hollow legs can pack away. Yep there might be some left over and he can have a Milk Bone for desert.

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Oldyaker.....

You should be ashamed of yourself for posting something so .... BAD especially if you are a diet which no one around here is. :lol:

That's some good chit the way I made it , I had one bowl , the wife keep going back for more and Ole Pup's , I would put some in his dish , it VANISHED and then he went back looking for more ....... :lol: Which I put in there for him. :D

We have half of it in the cast iron pot I used ( should of used a larger one , this one almost overflowed and it holds a lot ).

The wife wants to take some over to the oldest daughters tomorrow when she goes to visit and spend the night. I told her to take what she and they would want but to leave me a bowl of for supper tomorrow night , "O" also a little for Pup's to enjoy. Have to take care of my buddy , burglar alarm and official cat chaser. :wink:

Folks , That is some good eats , Yes Sir , No doubt about it. ( I have a good idea of what I will cook for the guy's on the Dec , St.Marys River trip , one night)

Chuck.
PS. The neighbors across the street were having some problems and one of the Deputies working the call came over to ask me about what is going on over there. I opened the door , he smelled this cooking .... We talked about it ( what I was cooking ) for a while before he got back to business with a discussed look on his face since he was on duty and could not join us .........

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Now Chuckles......Of all the times we have camped together..........Have I ever given you bad chow? Or for that matter, have you ever given me questionable chow? A resounding no!!!! Even on the nights we were raided by a "BEAR!" :roll:
I don't believe I have ever gave a bad recipe on Southern Paddler either! Or you except maybe for theTtofu/Vienny Sausage cassarole!

Hopefully, we will break bread together real soon my friend.

Thanks for the field report!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Hot Dog......

Bears bringing the hot dog buns from two years ago , you know the ones he left in his truck and we could not find when on the river. I guess we should say , the Hard Tack buns for the dogs , they should be petrified by now , like the trees in the petrified forest out in Arizona. :lol:

Yep , oldyaker , I have to agree with you , we never have lost any weight on the trips , even with all the exhausting paddling we do for a few minutes on them , when we do actually paddle. :roll:

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Today while getting things ready for later this week and weekend , along with the 1st part of next week , out camping and paddling. I wanted to do a easy but good supper that has everything in it so I could spend my time on the important matters. :D

So ....... I decided to do oldyakers Jambalaya mix with a twist. No shrimps but extra sausage in it. Cut back to one can of the chicken stock and added a little extra rice ( Half that is called for in the normal recipe and a shade more since this was a half batch on the stock) that was called for when doing it normally. Did add some more to pick up some of the juice that was not soaked up.

Used one cup of finely chopped onion , same for the Bell Pepper and Celery. I like to keep the Holy Trinity with equal amounts. As I said doubled up on the sausage and balanced the rest out.

After all cooking is nothing more then imagination and good taste. :D

No matter how you cook this up , I am convinced it will be some good chow and then with the left overs , better the next day. If I have any left over , between the wife and Pup's ... it would be hard to say. :roll:

Around here ... Food fights boils down to who gets what is left. :lol: The wife has already claimed a good chunk of the left overs for tomorrow to take to work , I guess Pup's and I will have to settle for what ever she does not take. :wink:

O, well , such is life around here and I will have to cook this up for the crew when out camping , my bet is there will not be a dang thing left over.

Chuck.